Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
I WANT CHOCOLATE! What is this?
1  2  Next

debsey

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 6:30 pm
So - a bit of background. I lost a LOT of weight and have kept it off a long time. I have completely changed how I eat (mostly low carb, high protein, I didn't cut anything out of my diet, but I definitely eat 90% clean)

Now, it's Pesach and it's like Pesach is this trigger making me CRAVE chocolate in a way I have not wanted chocolate in a LONG time. I don't remember last Pesach being like this! I don't even remember craving chocolate this way when I was pregnant on Pesach!

I know a lot of it is stress - my cleaning lady didn't show, I have to work on chol Hamoed which I didn't have to do last year, and I'm very unhappy sitting by my computer right now and working when I'd like to be with my family (and I'm stressing about the dirty dishes waiting for me)

I know this is an emotional hunger. I know that I'm not actually hungry.
But MAN, I want chocolate!!!!!!!
Just venting and asking - anyone else have this? Is Pesach a huge emotional eating trigger for you?

pause

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 6:32 pm
Just go ahead and make yourself fleishig. Pareve chocolate is not crave-worthy.

debsey

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 6:33 pm
pause wrote:
Just go ahead and make yourself fleishig. Pareve chocolate is not crave-worthy.

It's an idea, but you underestimate my cravings monster! And we have so MUCH pareve chocolate in the house!!!!!!!

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 6:34 pm
Pickles! Salty garlic pickles might curb your sweet cravings

vintagebknyc

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 6:38 pm
ra_mom wrote:

now I want pickles, and I'm sure the ones I'm craving aren't KLP.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 6:45 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
now I want pickles, and I'm sure the ones I'm craving aren't KLP.

I couldn't find my batampte garlic pickles for pesach this year, only the half sour Sad

debsey

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 7:05 pm
ra_mom wrote:

YUM! (I'm not pregnant - but that might work!)

vintagebknyc

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 7:06 pm
debsey wrote:
YUM! (I'm not pregnant - but that might work!)

I'm not pregnant!

debsey

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 7:13 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
I'm not pregnant!

Great. Let's be NOT PREGNANT together!!!! (she said as she bit into a pickle AND a KLP chocolate chip cookie)...

I think it's just like Pavlov's dog. It's Pesach. I must want chocolate.

Barbara

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 7:18 pm
Have a piece of chocolate.

When I crave something, if it doesn't go away relatively quickly, I find its best to give in to a small amount. Otherwise I consume more calories trying NOT to eat it, then eat it in the end.

sneakermom

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 8:18 pm
I recently lost weight too and I crave chocolate all the time. Especially after a meal. Many times I do indulge but only within a certain calorie amount. This way I am satisfied while keeping to my food plan.

Today happens to be I ate a delicious cold orange after dinner but still craved some choc. I took one square of pareve choc and it was delicious!!

The main thing is to eat the choc within the food plan and not to feel like you are cheating.

seeker

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 9:10 pm
It's happening to me too! (except the part about losing weight beforehand...) Before Pesach I chocolate binged a little because of stress. Now I am really not stressed but I just can't lay off the chocolate! Even though we only have the kind that isn't that good! (nut free parve chocolate chips. That's all. And the brownies I made with the other half of them)

The worst part is I keep thinking I'm hungry so I eat healthy things but still have the craving. So I'm overfull (of healthy things that I didn't need to eat) and also nibbling chocolate. Going to need OA after Pesach...

debsey

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 9:22 pm
Barbara wrote:
Have a piece of chocolate.

When I crave something, if it doesn't go away relatively quickly, I find its best to give in to a small amount. Otherwise I consume more calories trying NOT to eat it, then eat it in the end.

This was good advice. I had some chocolate (3 squares) and then I was able to end the madness. Now I'm eating roast beef for supper.

WHAT IS IT ABOUT PESACH??????? I never have cravings for ANYTHING!

seeker

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 9:31 pm
Oh and I'm not pregnant either but that's starting to sound like a good way to explain the growing roundness... eating chocolate doesn't end my craving, just makes it worse. I need just a little bit more.

debsey

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 9:56 pm
seeker wrote:
Oh and I'm not pregnant either but that's starting to sound like a good way to explain the growing roundness... eating chocolate doesn't end my craving, just makes it worse. I need just a little bit more.

You know things are getting desperate when you're starting to get nostalgic for being PREGNANT! (But it is a handy excuse to eat chocolate. and pickles. and more chocolate...) have to admit that.

I remember kind of groaning at a positive pregnancy test once (wanted the kid, the 9 months of all day morning sickness preceeding the kid, not so much......) and my husband said "I thought all women were always thrilled to be pregnant." I took my head out of the toilet long enough to say "on what planet?!"

I am definitely NOT pregnant. I am definitely desiring chocolate. I think I'm spending too much time thinking about this today.

rachel6543

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 10:18 pm
I was craving chocolate like crazy yesterday too!! Ate a whole bar at work!! But I was very good the rest of the day with healthy choices. Today just had one bite of chocolate. Now completely over my chocolate craving. I'm actually craving a veggie/fruit smoothie now, but don't have the ingredients to make that, will have to wait until after pesach.

vintagebknyc

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 10:37 pm
I just want all of you to know that I am FAMISHED now. we have no snacks in the house during the rest of the year, so there are none now. I'm craving pickles and pudding and macaroni salad.

dancingqueen

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 10:38 pm
I love chocolate year round pregnant or not Wink but pesach cravings probably have to do with the lack of many of our usual food options=hunger=cravings.

debsey

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 10:49 pm
vintagebknyc wrote:
I just want all of you to know that I am FAMISHED now. we have no snacks in the house during the rest of the year, so there are none now. I'm craving pickles and pudding and macaroni salad.

Sorry..... embarrassed

vintagebknyc

Post Wed, Apr 08 2015, 10:51 pm
debsey wrote:
Sorry..... embarrassed

lol. how many days till I can eat something breaded?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics