Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Lakewood shopping

sourstix

Post Tue, Apr 21 2015, 8:02 pm
I need to know where is the best price for plastic stuff and diapers and wipes. target, walmart, or the homebased business ones. can lakewooders clue me in please? it doesnt matter which store even if I didnt mention it. if thats the cheapest then so be it.

mom2be1

Post Tue, Apr 21 2015, 8:27 pm
I shop at target for diapers and wipes because I use their up&up Company. Either online or in store

sourstix

Post Tue, Apr 21 2015, 8:48 pm
is it the same as luvs?how much is it there?

lkwdlady

Post Tue, Apr 21 2015, 9:32 pm
you can have everything delivered to your door here for a pretty reasonable price. Try dial a diaper - ask them for prices first. I used to use them. Now I buy rite aids own brand of diapers and since I'm a rite aid member I get luvs at a discounted price. But if you don't drive I think you should call 2-3 of the home based businesses and compare prices since they all deliver and the prices are good.

sourstix

Post Wed, Apr 22 2015, 9:31 am
poster above, firstly I dont want to call them for personal reasons. so I am asking here.

sourstix

Post Wed, Apr 22 2015, 9:32 am
[quote="sourstix"]I need to know where is the best price for plastic stuff and diapers and wipes. target, walmart, or the homebased business ones. can lakewooders clue me in please? it doesnt matter which store even if I didnt mention it. if thats the cheapest then so be it.[/quote]

anyone?

mommyla

Post Wed, Apr 22 2015, 11:44 am
Plasticware from Amazing Savings, but be careful because some of their stuff is real junk. Diapers (Pampers) from Amazon or from Target when they go on sale, and wipes from Target (I buy their brand). I don't know about WalMart because I generally try to avoid it when I can. Paper goods and diapers are way expensive at the kosher grocery stores.

I found Dial-a-Diaper to be pretty overpriced, but that was years ago before they had any competition, so the prices may be better now.

sourstix

Post Wed, Apr 22 2015, 11:52 am
[quote="mommyla"]Plasticware from Amazing Savings, but be careful because some of their stuff is real junk. Diapers (Pampers) from Amazon or from Target when they go on sale, and wipes from Target (I buy their brand). I don't know about WalMart because I generally try to avoid it when I can. Paper goods and diapers are way expensive at the kosher grocery stores.

I found Dial-a-Diaper to be pretty overpriced, but that was years ago before they had any competition, so the prices may be better now.[/quote]

I am trying to avoid buying online so I need to go to the stores for now. which brand do you buy in target? the wipes annd diapers. why do you avoid walmart?
anyone else have any imput?

bargainlover

Post Wed, Apr 22 2015, 12:12 pm
I use up and up which is target brand diapers and wipes. Like them a lot! Plastics and pans etc from grocery usually npgs, sometimes amazing savings if there anyways.

mommyla

Post Wed, Apr 22 2015, 12:13 pm
Target brand wipes, Pampers diapers. I think the WalMart here is a pretty lowlife-y one, and that's by WalMart standards... the Brick WalMart is a little better. But plenty of people go to the Howell WalMart, I just don't like it. Target is a much more pleasant place to shop, and the prices are basically comparable - if you have a Red Card you'll get 5% off each time you shop too.

[I saw an "honest slogan" once that said something like "Target: where people pay a little more so they don't have to go to WalMart." That's me!]

If you buy Huggies I think Costco sells them. I have friends who love the Costco and Target brand diapers (they didn't work for my kids).

debsey

Post Wed, Apr 22 2015, 2:38 pm
My husband shops in Cosco - he is much better than I at going in and more or less sticking to the list (as opposed to me, who buys an industrial size vanilla extract and then has no where to keep it!)
We end up using a lot of Kirkland stuff and I find the quality is fine. I happen to LOVE the Kirkland fabric softener - it softens really well and smells so good!
Also, you can get so much kosher stuff there now (the frozen salmon, frozen chicken if you eat Empire, sometimes they have whole frozen cornish hens from Empire!,the frozen fruit) and they have a great selection of exotic fruits and veggies for cheap (just you always have to be careful about Israeli produce, so check the stickers)

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Apr 22 2015, 4:53 pm
debsey wrote:
My husband shops in Cosco - he is much better than I at going in and more or less sticking to the list (as opposed to me, who buys an industrial size vanilla extract and then has no where to keep it!)

I had a good laugh when newlywed DIL sent DS shopping and he went to Sam's Club (like Costco but closer here) and came back with a gallon of soy sauce!

sky

Post Wed, Apr 22 2015, 5:04 pm
I love the Costco industrial size vanilla extract (and I have a teeny kitchen).

I order online from Walmart and find their prices to be very cheap. I love their wipes and the packaging (plastic bag with a flip cover, fragrance free)

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Apr 22 2015, 5:18 pm
And now that Shoprite has moved, has anyone seen Nice & Fresh Wipes elsewhere, or will we have to shlep to Howell once a month? (I have had allergic reactions to other brands so I stick with this one.)

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Apr 22 2015, 8:10 pm
Sourstix, you just moved to Lakewood. Did anyone tell you about the stores that offer specials for three months to newcomers?

I believe NPGS offers 20% off for the first three months, and then Shloimy's lets you choose any 3 months in the first year.

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Apr 22 2015, 8:19 pm
Dial a diaper is really nice and deliver same day. I have called on a Friday afternoon when I realized I won't have enough diapers for Shabbos and got my case before Shabbos.

sourstix

Post Fri, Apr 24 2015, 9:44 am
to jetblack, how was the price, was it much more expensive then others bec of delivery?

sourstix

Post Fri, Apr 24 2015, 9:45 am
yes I knew about it. I just went there a few times and we didnt say anything, typical dh type. but maybe now he will go for it as we are tight now. thanks for telling me about shloimys.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics