Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
What's your favorite Food Network show?
1  2  Next

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Jun 11 2007, 12:09 pm
Right now I'm loving The Next Food Network Star.
Rachael Ray is kind of annoying, but I still like her show, I've gotten some great recipes from her!!!
I love Paula Dean, but she injects everything with a ton of fat!

greenfire

Post Mon, Jun 11 2007, 12:20 pm
I love rachel ray ... and her kitchen ... I WANT IT!!! although I do not have cable and only watch it at appt or when visiting my mom ...

shoy18

Post Mon, Jun 11 2007, 12:22 pm
I love the next foodnetwork star, I also hate rachel ray her voice makes me sooo nervous. I like Unwrapped and I forget the name but the one where the guy cooks with one food and anaylizes how it works.. and I like Iron Chef, america and the original!

loveit

Post Mon, Jun 11 2007, 12:36 pm
I have been hooked on food network star...I like rachel ray because she gives me great ideas. Barefoot Contessa (Ina Garten) is the best, she makes such flavorfull food that's simple to do at home. The food network challenges are great...last night they had to make villian cakes, it was a lot of fun to watch. At lastly, I like Ace of Cakes, anyone else watch it? He combines powertools with frosting...I pretty much only watch the food network, if you haven't noticed!!! They have a great website for recipes too.

greenfire

Post Mon, Jun 11 2007, 12:38 pm
sarahliz wrote:
I have been hooked on food network star...I like rachel ray because she gives me great ideas. Barefoot Contessa (Ina Garten) is the best, she makes such flavorfull food that's simple to do at home. The food network challenges are great...last night they had to make villian cakes, it was a lot of fun to watch. At lastly, I like Ace of Cakes, anyone else watch it? He combines powertools with frosting...I pretty much only watch the food network, if you haven't noticed!!! They have a great website for recipes too.

now this I gotta see ...

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Jun 11 2007, 12:39 pm
I watched Villian Cakes last night too!

Thursday night I was up till 2am watching the The Next Food Network Star.

I love Food Network because it combines 2 things I like a lot - reality TV and FOOD!

Oh yeah, I haven't watched it so much lately, but Ace of Cakes is great. However, that Captain Hook cake from last night's challenge puts some of his episodes to shame.

shoy18

Post Mon, Jun 11 2007, 12:41 pm
DefyGravity wrote:
I watched Villian Cakes last night too!

Thursday night I was up till 2am watching the The Next Food Network Star.

I love Food Network because it combines 2 things I like a lot - reality TV and FOOD!

I watched that to, it was soo cool. I also like the Showdown with Bobby Flay!

I like Top Chef also, it premieres on wed I think on Bravo.

elkayed

Post Mon, Jun 11 2007, 1:23 pm
Food network is one of my favorites! I love mission impossible! chef Ramsey has an impossible task which is amazing. I dont care for rachael Ray and love unwrapped. Alton brown gets me so nervous, but I love Iron chef which he is on too....I always watch this network!

elkayed

Post Mon, Jun 11 2007, 1:24 pm
Does anyone think Giada De'laurentis is anorexic or something?? She has a huge head and tiny body!

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Jun 11 2007, 1:31 pm
I also can't watch Alton Brown! I've tried his show out a couple times, and don't care for it.

I've never noticed that Giada is too thin, I'll look out for that next time I see her.

Is anyone else grossed out by how rare they serve the meat on these shows? I guess part of being a foodie is eating raw meat.

elkayed

Post Mon, Jun 11 2007, 1:44 pm
I watched one show of behind the show stuff..like how they make the show. Paula Deen says she is amazed she can still taste stuff, since she has to try the food right out of the oven, she is always burning her tongue and having to make believe on camera that it isin't too hot!

cindy324

Post Mon, Jun 11 2007, 1:53 pm
I used to watch Rachael Ray, but now she just gets me nervous with all her trademark expressions like Yummo! How cool is that? And yeah...her meats are always pretty raw, too. I never took any of her recipes, not one has appealed to me yet.

Paula Dean...if there's anything worse than Rachael Ray's Yummos, it's Paula's dripping drawn out southern drawl. Her food does look good though, but Defy's right, it's full of fat, she doesn't even try to cut the fat a bit.

I LOVE Alton Brown! His show , Good Eats, cracks me up , and I also learned a lot about basic ingredients that I use.

I also like Ina Garten, I made her Spanakopita last shavuos it was a hit. Her pies always look so neat and delicious.

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Jun 11 2007, 1:57 pm
Yeah, it's Rachael Ray's cutesie expressions that make me nuts:
EVOO
"just eyeball it"
mashers or Smashed Potatoes (instead of mashed potatoes)
and naming every recipe after her dead dog, Boo!
"just a glug"
stoup

Last edited by DefyGravity on Mon, Jun 11 2007, 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mirabelle

Post Mon, Jun 11 2007, 3:28 pm
Hey,
For everyone who watched "the next food network star" last night, did you notice the bored or annoyed faces that Giada was making during the Bon Appetit presentation? It made me feel like her sweet, nice, persona on her shows is totally fake. I know TV is all pretend, but still, did she need to be so obvious?

DefyGravity

Post Mon, Jun 11 2007, 3:38 pm
I wonder if she exaggerates the faces so that maybe the contestants will see that she's bored - and they in turn will up their game. I sort of see it as her doing them a favor!

cindy324

Post Mon, Jun 11 2007, 3:57 pm
I'm sure she really is annoyed, especially because it's a show for the next food network star, who just might outdo her in the ratings LOL

batya_d

Post Tue, Jun 12 2007, 1:37 pm
DefyGravity wrote:
Yeah, it's Rachael Ray's cutesie expressions that make me nuts:
EVOO
"just eyeball it"
mashers or Smashed Potatoes (instead of mashed potatoes)
and naming every recipe after her dead dog, Boo!
"just a glug"
stoup

Don't forget my favorites:
YUM-O!
Just "run your knife through it"
This smells so good already!
Spoonula

I love Alton Brown and Good Eats best.
I like Sandra Lee too, only because it's so easy to make fun of her.
I've gotten some good recipes from Rachael, but she annoys me too much sometimes.
I enjoy watching Paula Deen but I don't find most of her recipes particularly suited to kosher substitutions.

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Jun 12 2007, 1:45 pm
I actually watched Alton Brown last night and really enjoyed the episode! He made his own energy bars and slightly healthier rice crispy treats, I need to look up the recipe and try them out.

Who's that woman that has that overwhelming kitchen? It's bright white and there are all these pink accents everywhere. And the show is filmed through a soft lense so it's kind of trippy.

cindy324

Post Tue, Jun 12 2007, 2:54 pm
Quote:
Who's that woman that has that overwhelming kitchen? It's bright white and there are all these pink accents everywhere. And the show is filmed through a soft lense so it's kind of trippy.

Maybe you mean Ina Garten? She has a nice big kitchen LOL

Oh, Sandra Lee...She and her sing song voice, and notice how the kitchen always matches her outfit...or is it her outfit matching the kitchen? One time she was making a barbecue on the beach and she was dressed in this tight white shirt that was tied at the waist with major cleavage showing (she def no less than a DD) Her blonde hair teased and swept to the side. Ever since that episode , every time I tune in to her show I think to myself : "There's the ex-pinup girl" I just bet she has some sort of a shady past like that...

loveit

Post Tue, Jun 12 2007, 3:00 pm
the show, semi homemade cooking I think is filmed through a soft lense, she always talks about her grandmother, is that the one? I can stand that show because every ingredient is traif...a lot of shellfish and pork the few times I tried to watch.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics