Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Moshav Matityahu

NBNsavta

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 11:11 am
I am planning on making aliyah (widowed in mid 60's). As I am looking for a warm, religious, English-speaking community, Moshav Matityahu seems to be a community I would enjoy. Two concerns I have are 1) housing and 2) no family in Israel. My questions are: 1) Is it possible to rent a home or board with a family in the moshav? At this point in my life, I do not want the responsibility of owning property. 2) Are there other women living alone at the moshav or is it primarily for families? Thank you.

heidi

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 11:39 am
I can't help you with your exact questions.
In general, Moshav Mattityahu is a family with young kids community, with lots of "old timers"--many whose children have grown up there, married and are raising families.
It is close to Kiryat Sefer, but definitely hard to get around without a car.
Moshav Mattityahu is private homes/du mishpachtis--maybe some little apartment like add ons, but no real apartments.
Good Luck!

ChossidMom

Post Tue, Apr 28 2015, 12:25 pm
I know that the moshav is basically families. I know of at least one older woman who lives there - probably with her daughter's family.
You may be better off in neighboring Kiryat Sefer. We have quite a nice group of over 60, English speaking women here. They take part in the "Neshei" activities and have a "Bubby Club" of their own. Kiryat Sefer is right next to Moshav Mattityahu and you can actually walk there on Shabbos (depending where you live) to, for example, hear Rav Leff's Shabbos drasha.
Many anglo families in K.S. have built small units to rent out (some short term and some long) and you may be able to rent out something like that.
I run a Google mailing list in K.S. and if you want to put your feelers out about this you can pm me the text of your request and I'll post it there for you and let you know if you get any responses.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions