Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Anyone use an Indian web developer?

queenert

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 3:22 am
Or someone else random off freelancer.com/craigslist etc.?

This is for a fairly complicated website (I think) but a very good developer told us outsourcing to India is a good idea - they're cheap and good.

I'm a bit worried about communication and knowing s/he'll do a good job...

LN

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 3:56 am
Yes. Look at a portfolio of their work. See how initial communication goes to get a feel for how to connect. I would choose India over Craig's listt. You might consider powertofly.com.

chanie18

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 9:41 am
have experience, and don't do it! PM me if you would like details.

if its something simple and easy (like, install this template) then yes. if its something that needs to be created then don't do it, it won't save you a penny.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 10:06 am
My experience as a programmer who has taken over a bunch of these sites is that it's a great way to get a site up and running if you want a quick and fast web presence. But if you want someone who communicates well with you to keep it current, fix issues, update as necessary....well, you may end up disappointed. So for initial site development if you're really looking to save money, fine, but find someone who is more accessible and be willing to pay more for that for ongoing work.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics