Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Rash at Gan... I'm at a loss!

Yael3

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 7:13 pm
I've been dealing with this issue on and off pretty much all year: my daughter returns from Gan with diaper rashes ranging from red and painful, to unbearable puffy looking where she can't walk straight and the only way I can clean her is have her sit in a tub with cool water. I've been in contact with her morah many times. I've sent in sensitive diapers, sensitive wipes, Desitine, burp cloths to dry her.... And I've explained in many different ways the simple fact: her skin is sensitive and 1) she must be changed immediately when a poopy diaper is detected (and to check often), 2) she must be cleaned properly and dried with the burp cloth before putting on a new diaper, 3) use Desitine every time as a precaution, and 4) only use her sensitive wipes. Each time it's an excuse... new sub that didn't know, busy day, her bag was upstairs, on and on.
We made up that only her primary morah will change her for a few days so we can get some data about what's going on. We just implemented that yesterday. I'm at a loss Sad. This is only an issue at Gan. My husband wanted me to keep her home from school so she could heal (knowing we'd take care of her the way I'm asking them to). I don't know what to do. It's a great Gan. I don't know why this is happening Sad

rae gi

Post Thu, May 14 2015, 7:33 pm
Hi Yael3.
This worked with my daughter: make a wet paste of Mylanta and fragrance free corn starch powder, apply to diaper area. Send the paste to Gan. It can be refrigerated. Use gloves with every diaper change to avoid contaminating the paste. . I hope your little girl feels better soon.

ETA ...you must be politely assertive with the main Morah to stay on top of the situation, and the paste should do wonders.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics