Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Does your Bosch dishwasher smell? Pls help make my decision.

YoMom

Post Sat, Jun 06 2015, 11:00 pm
I am redoing my kitchen and ordering all new appliances as well. I can get a good deal on a Bosch package and I do like the look and have heard generally good things. However, I have heard from a few ppl that the dishwashers smell, especially when not in use and closed. This would drive me insane, I have a very heightened sense of smell. Anyone have this issue? Is it worth getting another brand? Please help, thanks!!

vintagebknyc

Post Sat, Jun 06 2015, 11:28 pm
it stinks. I bought it because I thought I was getting a great deal on a fancy machine. it was on sale--and it's on sale for a reason.

Dolly Welsh

Post Sat, Jun 06 2015, 11:38 pm
Isn't there some way to run a wash with vinegar or baking soda or something?

Are plastic parts holding the smell?

If it's clean and aired, and no food is stuck anywhere, it ought to be ok?

Maybe just leave it open after it's finished so it can really dry out.

Maybe just leave it open a little while every morning. I think morning would be better as everything dries better in the daytime.

mommyla

Post Sat, Jun 06 2015, 11:42 pm
I love mine and it doesn't smell. But I do leave it open for a little while after every load - I've always done that, no matter the brand of dishwasher, so I don't know if it would smell if I wouldn't leave it open.

vintagebknyc

Post Sat, Jun 06 2015, 11:44 pm
Dolly Welsh wrote:
Isn't there some way to run a wash with vinegar or baking soda or something?

Are plastic parts holding the smell?

If it's clean and aired, and no food is stuck anywhere, it ought to be ok?

Maybe just leave it open after it's finished so it can really dry out.

Maybe just leave it open a little while every morning. I think morning would be better as everything dries better in the daytime.

the way this dishwasher is designed, none of the heating elements are exposed and this lends itself to dank odors. I keep it cracked so it gets air and it still smells. it's still never dry.

it's not in the plastic, and I've spoken with the bosch customer service people. this machine is what it is, smelly.

AhuvasIma

Post Sat, Jun 06 2015, 11:56 pm
We have a Bosch and it's always stinky. Never sure if we should leave it closed or open (air it out but then fumes come out) because it's so bad.

smilingmom

Post Sun, Jun 07 2015, 12:07 am
We've had our Bosch dishwashers for 15 years and I never noticed any odor, but then again, I am probably not sensitive to smells.

mommyla

Post Sun, Jun 07 2015, 12:14 am
Funny, guess I'm outnumbered. Maybe there are different models. I am very sensitive to smell and mine never smells (unless it's loaded with dirty dishes, and even then it only smells when it's open).

Rivky

Post Sun, Jun 07 2015, 1:36 am
My bosch dishwasher is doing its job. I never close it all the way, always open a teeny bit to allow air to escape. I wont say it doesn't have a smell but its not strong enough to make me notice it all the time. I was told when shopping for dishwashers that all dishwashers smell. Trapping the air inside and the moist "environment" of the dishwasher does that.

YoMom

Post Sun, Jun 07 2015, 1:54 am
Thanks all. Seriously reconsidering the Bosch, I would really not deal well with the smell!! Anyone have a Kitchenaid? That seems to be a popular choice and would be my alternative. Thanks!

Amarante

Post Sun, Jun 07 2015, 9:46 am
Mine doesn't smell. It has no heating element which is a good thing because you can load plastic on the bottom without worrying about melting.

You are supposed to open the door a crack to help dry though.

Also, it doesn't have a disposal like many models which is why it is so quiet so you need to check the filter at the bottom periodically to,check for any debris.

My friend has a Miele which is a great machine if you are looking at high end. What I really like is that it has a third tray at the top for silverware. You don't realize how much space is taken by the baskets until you don't have to load around them.

nylon

Post Sun, Jun 07 2015, 10:36 am
The higher end Bosch has the 3rd rack.

Mine doesn't smell and it cleans really well. I love it.

Amarante

Post Sun, Jun 07 2015, 11:19 am
nylon wrote:

That wasn't an option (third rack) when I got my Bosch Crying

imasinger

Post Sun, Jun 07 2015, 2:28 pm
nylon wrote:

Same here! I LOVE that third rack!

We do check and clean the trap regularly, though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics