Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Is it good or bad to be seen as innocent?

amother
Ivory

Post Tue, Jun 16 2015, 3:57 pm
Like by people from work, amongst friends, etc. I'm at university at the moment and I feel like all the teachers view me as the "innocent" one. I'm not saying I'm not innocent or anything or that I'd want to be the opposite, I suppose it's just because I am gentle and shy and I suppose quite sweet. For example the other day I was out with friends and someone made this joke this like "oh she's so innocent now, wait till she's spent enough time with you!" (to this other girl, which was made more of an insult to this other girl but anyway, you get my point!)
Also there is one teacher I have who kind of likes to make fun of me when she talks to me and she never does that to anyone else like when I am not even making a joke or anything she starts like sniggering/laughing, I don't know it's weird. Or she will like imitate what I say. I don't know why?

JMM-uc

Post Tue, Jun 16 2015, 4:12 pm
If they mean innocent it's a compliment. If they mean ignorant, it's not

chani8

Post Thu, Jun 18 2015, 2:18 am
First of all, 'all the teachers' is a big generalization. Do you really think the teachers are so interested in you that they're thinking of you at all, let alone judging you as 'innocent'?

If that one teacher is mocking you, then you need to deal with it. You can ignore her, confront her, report her, and/or quit the class.

Dolly Welsh

Post Thu, Jun 18 2015, 2:26 am
You are going to be envied occasionally by people who wish they could be the way you are. Some will wonder if you can really be that way, or is it an act.

Ignore them all and enjoy your life.

That one you describe as attacking you, savaging you, is dangerous; don't do nothing. I don't think you can change her and she sounds scary to me, a hostile nut case. It wouldn't be a bad thing to change out of that class without saying anything. You really shouldn't be abused that way, but she sounds capable of sabotaging your file, if confronted. Wacko.

You will always be threatening to a very few people; there is nothing to do about that; but be aware not everybody is nice.

You have a right to be yourself.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics