Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Clothing has stains from laundry detergent...

lkwdlady

Post Thu, Jun 18 2015, 4:34 pm
Some of the shirts I washed have stains from the detergent. I re- washed a few times but the detergent stains do not come out. Does anyone have experience with this? What works to get the stains out?

(I know I should pour in the detergent before the clothing goes in for the future.... )

zaq

Post Thu, Jun 18 2015, 4:48 pm
If the "stains" are lighter in color than the rest of the garment, this may not be a stain but a slight bleaching, in which case you're sunk.

lkwdlady

Post Thu, Jun 18 2015, 5:26 pm
zaq wrote:
If the "stains" are lighter in color than the rest of the garment, this may not be a stain but a slight bleaching, in which case you're sunk.

The stains are actually darker than the clothing. You can see the blue detergent marks in a few spots.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jun 18 2015, 7:31 pm
Soak in one part vinegar to three parts water for an hour. Rinse. Make sure to wash in a non overloaded machine.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry