Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Growing neighborhoods in Brooklyn ??
1  2  Next

mommyfirst

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 9:29 pm
We are looking to buy our first house but are totally priced out of the midwood teens area where we would love to live. We don't see ourselves in Marine Park. Any other growing neighborhood with cheaper housing? We are not yeshivish,
but strong yeshiva background.
I know... I'm asking for miracles ...

SorGold

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 9:31 pm
Mill basin?

mommyfirst

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 9:38 pm
Is that still mostly Israeli or is it growing beyond that ? Also, how far out do ppl live in the 30s by Avenue I /J ? I see ads for homes on e. 38th for pretty cheap .. Is that across flatlands ?

mommyfirst

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 9:39 pm
* I meant is that across Flatbush ave?

STovah

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 9:43 pm
mommyfirst wrote:
Is that still mostly Israeli or is it growing beyond that ? Also, how far out do ppl live in the 30s by Avenue I /J ? I see ads for homes on e. 38th for pretty cheap .. Is that across flatlands ?

East 38th around I and J would be across Flatbush Ave.

gold21

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 10:15 pm
I dont think brooklyn is really a growing neighborhood except for marine park. prices are just so crazy, I know many people move out when theyre ready to buy. obviously some of the younger families do stay- but theyre scattered all over the place.

maybe look at the early-30s area, not marine park area- like ave I,J,K,L,M,N. I dont know that its a young/growing area, but maybe youll find a good block that is what youre looking for. its worth looking into.

sourstix

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 10:29 pm
correct. brooklyn isnt growing. thats why I went away. and came to the beautiful lakewood.

nicole81

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 10:38 pm
mommyfirst wrote:

The mill Basin area has a lot of Israelis but it's not mostly Israeli. It's a great diverse community that's still relatively affordable. I've lived there for about 10 years and would be happy to answer any questions about it via pm.

mommyfirst

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 10:38 pm
Thanks gold21. Prices ARE insane.
Not so simple to relocate when your family, jobs, schools,and friends are all here. I know I could get a mansion in Monsey or Lakewood for the price of a semi-detached Brooklyn box. Trust me, I am well aware.

mommyfirst

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 10:40 pm
Thanks nicole81. Re: mill basin: I've seen ads for mill basin and for "old mill basin" ... what does that mean ?

nicole81

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 10:45 pm
mommyfirst wrote:
Thanks nicole81. Re: mill basin: I've seen ads for mill basin and for "old mill basin" ... what does that mean ?

Old Mill basin is not as nice and has less frum people... And it's more of a walk to most shuls , but it's cheaper. For renting you can score a great deal and it's not too far out. But I wouldn't buy there. I'd look into regular mill basin, as well as Georgetown and bergen beach.

mommyfirst

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 10:53 pm
Thx! Wow, Bergen beach?? I honestly had no clue frum ppl lived in that area.

nicole81

Post Mon, Jul 06 2015, 11:04 pm
mommyfirst wrote:
Thx! Wow, Bergen beach?? I honestly had no clue frum ppl lived in that area.

Bergen is definitely less frum-concentrated than mill Basin and Georgetown and can be a bit of a walk to shuls, but honestly all 3 neiorhoods are walkable to each other and within the eruv. And Bergen is way nicer than old mill Basin.

OneSource

Post Tue, Jul 07 2015, 10:13 am
I'm in Georgetown. I bought here a year ago and LOVE it. The neighborhood is growing with Jews. Shul is right nearby and home prices were seriously affordable. Ask me any questions via PM.

mommyfirst

Post Tue, Jul 07 2015, 8:13 pm
Thx for all the info! Can anyone tell me abt the low 30s by avenues I/J? What kind of families ? What kind of prices ? Thx !!

bookie

Post Tue, Jul 07 2015, 8:42 pm
mommyfirst wrote:
Thx for all the info! Can anyone tell me abt the low 30s by avenues I/J? What kind of families ? What kind of prices ? Thx !!

Houses there are at least six from what I have seen

mommyofd1

Post Tue, Jul 07 2015, 9:10 pm
its a very nice neighborhood, similar to marine park but a little more frum/yesheivish

mommyfirst

Post Tue, Jul 07 2015, 9:34 pm
oh that's kind of what I was hoping to hear about that area! how is it similar to marine park though? and what's the price range? I.e. what's the cheapest .... =)

mommyofd1

Post Tue, Jul 07 2015, 9:37 pm
I don't know how to explain it, does "flatbushy" mean anything to you?

mommyfirst

Post Tue, Jul 07 2015, 9:40 pm
Sorry, I see bookie already replied about the price range! thx
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries