Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Burn gemach
1  2  Next

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 8:51 am
Hi I was wondering if anyone has the number to the burn gemach in bp.

Thanks

my80

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 6:21 pm
Bump.
Does anyone know of any of them in BP or Monsey etc.
The article in Ami recently mentioned it but their office is not open today. My son was burned today and I would love to reach one asap.
Thanks, a gut moed!

amother
Cerulean

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 6:23 pm
Try Surie Klein who loves on Ellish Pkway in Monsey

tweety1

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 6:29 pm
18452636966. Refuah shleimah!

chaya35

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 6:43 pm
I went to Mrs. Lindner on 41st street 718-851-2805
Mandel 718-744-7570

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 7:45 pm
what is a burn gemach?

manhattanmom

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 8:14 pm
truthfully, if your son has a burn--and it happened today and you cannot reach this gamach potato place--maybe you should be calling your child's doctor? Burns can be serious and often require medical attention!

(sorry to burst anyone's bubble here....but I do have some experience here...as one of my kids as an infant spent 2 full weeks in a burn center.)

Scrabble123

Post Thu, Oct 01 2015, 9:21 am
Your child should be seen by a doctor...

sourstix

Post Thu, Oct 01 2015, 10:34 am
please call a doctor. not saying you shouldnt try burn gemach. but be in touch with a doctor. things can get really complicated.

tweety1

Post Thu, Oct 01 2015, 11:33 am
Not saying don't go to a dr but unfortunately from experience (3rd degree over a nice part of the upper body on a 3 year old) the kid after 24 was completely pain free and no scars whatsoever! They really know what they're doing

ora_43

Post Thu, Oct 01 2015, 5:05 pm
tweety1 wrote:
Not saying don't go to a dr but unfortunately from experience (3rd degree over a nice part of the upper body on a 3 year old) the kid after 24 was completely pain free and no scars whatsoever! They really know what they're doing

Do you maybe mean first degree burn? Third degree burn is the worst, it would mean the child's skin was completely destroyed, not just red or blistered.

I don't think there have been any cases of a third degree burn being cured in a day.

my80

Post Thu, Oct 01 2015, 9:18 pm
I just wanted to post an update. As the second poster/bumper.

BH I was able to reach Mrs Berkowitz @ 18452636966. I am so grateful for her time and patience. She gave me instructions and info how I could get the cream/powder in my area.

May she and the lady who helped me in Lakewood be gebentched for their chesed!!

tweety1

Post Thu, Oct 01 2015, 10:20 pm
ora_43 wrote:
Do you maybe mean first degree burn? Third degree burn is the worst, it would mean the child's skin was completely destroyed, not just red or blistered.

I don't think there have been any cases of a third degree burn being cured in a day.

3rd degree wasn't all over. It was 2nd and 3rd combined. Yes! Sorry if I wasn't clear She was pain free after 24 hrs. . Wounds took a few days to heal but literally clean beautiful skin

confusedmom

Post Fri, Oct 02 2015, 1:30 am
What is a Burn Gemach?

finallyamommy

Post Fri, Oct 02 2015, 8:11 am
Yeah, what on earth is a burn gemach?

sweetpotato

Post Fri, Oct 02 2015, 10:15 am
esheschayil wrote:
Yeah, what on earth is a burn gemach?

It sounds like it's a burn care service provided as a chesed by some women? Are they nurses/doctors?

yidisheh mama

Post Fri, Oct 02 2015, 11:25 am
There was an article about it a few weeks ago in the ami magazine. They use potatoes to absorb the heat of the burn, and some natural creams afterwards... There are many people that have been helped by this.

imasoftov

Post Sat, Oct 03 2015, 2:12 pm
yidisheh mama wrote:
There was an article about it a few weeks ago in the ami magazine. They use potatoes to absorb the heat of the burn, and some natural creams afterwards... There are many people that have been helped by this.

What does "heat of the burn" mean? I'm assuming that by the time someone gets to the burn gemach or medical facility they are no longer in contact with the hot object that burned them.

tweety1

Post Sat, Oct 03 2015, 9:48 pm
imasoftov wrote:
What does "heat of the burn" mean? I'm assuming that by the time someone gets to the burn gemach or medical facility they are no longer in contact with the hot object that burned them.

That's true. But #1 under the skin it might still be burning and #2 if you were to touch the burn you'll feel that it's still hot.

my80

Post Mon, Oct 12 2015, 11:54 am
Trust me, none of you should ever need to know but the potato 'thing' and the burn gemach ladies and their creams are beyond amazing!!!!! I am the (2nd) op here. my son sustained a 2nd degree on his back. I did the grated potato on his back for 2.5 hrs - you're really supposed to do it for 6 hrs, and then their creams and it is literally a nes how beautifully it has healed, and how quickly! I am totally indebted and highly recommend it so strongly.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics