Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Meat
Your best recipe for Lamb breast please!

luckyme

Post Thu, Jun 21 2007, 3:47 pm
I love lamb, but have never made a recipe myself that I've liked. I'm ready to try again, but am not sure how to prepare the breast portion either. I could use suggestions on both ingredients and method. Any help would be greatly appreciated -especially by dh!!!

Rikola

Post Wed, Aug 08 2007, 11:37 pm
Lamb is our favorite meat and I make this about 2 times a month.

1 cup rice
handful or 2 of craisins
tbsp. cumin
tbsp. cinnamon
tbsp. pepper
tbsp. garlic powder or 1 fresh chopped
3 cloves (to be removed)
3 cardamom pods (to be removed)

Cook rice according to package directions with all ingredients added to pot.

Cut up a potato or 2, enough to cover the bottom of a large round casserole dish. Oil the bottom of the casserole dish (About 1/4 cup depending on the dish). Place potatoes all around the bottom. Sprinkle with pepper and paprika. Next scoop half the rice on top of the potatoes. Add the lamb breast and cover with remaining rice.

Cover well and place in a 325 degree oven. Cook 4 hours. Low and slow, and it's delicious. Remember to remove cardamom and cloves.

Enjoy!

ETA: I make this for just my DH and myself. If you're feeding a whole family, you'll need more rice & potatoes. Smile And I don't add salt because the meat is sooo salty already.

luckyme

Post Thu, Aug 09 2007, 9:32 pm
THANK YOU!!!! I've had such a hard time finding a recipe and this one sounds so YUM!!! Do I brown the meat first, or just lay it on the top?
I'm gonna try it next week, and will let you know how it comes out -hubby will be so excited! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Rikola

Post Fri, Aug 10 2007, 9:43 am
I don't brown the meat. It would mean washing another pot. LOL I hope you and your hubby like it!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics