Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Very long sheitel wearers

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Aug 04 2015, 2:25 pm
Posting as amother here because I've had this discussing IRL.

How do you manage to keep your sheitels beautiful and not go crazy?

Don't they keep you warm in Summer? Don't they get completely messed up in the wind? What do you do when you are a very active mom? What's your secret?

I would love to get one but I can't see how it can be practical. I had very, very long hair when I was single and felt relieved cutting it and wearing a short sheitel.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Aug 04 2015, 2:29 pm
amother wrote:
Posting as amother here because I've had this discussing IRL.

How do you manage to keep your sheitels beautiful and not go crazy?

Don't they keep you warm in Summer? Don't they get completely messed up in the wind? What do you do when you are a very active mom? What's your secret?

I would love to get one but I can't see how it can be practical. I had very, very long hair when I was single and felt relieved cutting it and wearing a short sheitel.

My sheitels are not very very long, but on the long side. I cut one of my older ones into a stylish lob for the summer.

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Aug 04 2015, 2:34 pm
I go to a pony sheital in the summer and when I am active or a hat fall with a cap. I love the ease of that option. My main sheital is a very good piece from Shevy with a great cut. BH it doesn't tangle.

I also leave my own hair wet sometimes under the fall.

trixx

Post Tue, Aug 04 2015, 3:32 pm
Yes hot in summer. So far I managed as I only have one but I have braided it back and put it into low pony. Probably going to get a short one for next summer.

My wig is beautiful and air dries very nicely, doesn't frizz in humidity and even if it does I like the natural look. So it depends on the brand and 5he kind of hair (mine is naturally straight)

In the wind - it does get a little tangled but again I like the natural look. I found with time mine got less knotty at nape of neck and I finger comb every few days and wash myself every few weeks.

As to being very active - hair in my face drives me crazy, like violet in unfortunate events I just can't think lol. So for real life I would also get a second, shorter one or a pony one, for now my job is not active so I can have long and impractical hair, and it comes off the second I'm home and have to cook and clean.

Again it depends on the style. Curly will require more upkeep or be harder to maintain. Straight is simpler.

QUEENY

Post Tue, Aug 04 2015, 6:04 pm
I tend to wear long ones but cant stand them in the summer. I wear a very thin fall...it needs a lot of hair added but great for the summer!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics