Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
What's the no white flour/sugar diet?
1  2  Next

pappymom

Post Tue, Jun 26 2007, 2:30 am
Anyone did it or knows anyone that did it? does it work? what is it exactly?

BinahYeteirah

Post Tue, Jun 26 2007, 2:51 am
Well, I'd guess it's a diet in which one doesn't eat any white flour or sugar, only whole grain flours and unrefined sweeteners. It sounds like a good health habit for life, not just loosing weight.

Sorry if this wasn’t helpful at all. LOL

BinahYeteirah

Post Tue, Jun 26 2007, 2:56 am
Oh, I forgot to say that I *try* to eat this way all the time. I haven't been doing too well lately, but I usually stick to it during the week at least. On Shabbos, I often have a store-bought treat for dessert and on Sundays we frequently get take out (it's hard to avoid white flour at many restaurants) and spend time with relatives. I don’t do it to lose weight, but if I really stuck with it, I bet it would help at least a little if I were.

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Jun 26 2007, 9:18 am
I think you might be talking about Sugar Busters.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 26 2007, 9:19 am
My father did it along with some friends. He really lost weight and his stomach slimmed down. He now eats some of the things he did not while on this diet. He is still careful though how much he eats.

amother

Post Tue, Jun 26 2007, 9:23 am
I did it and lost over 50lbs. after you get through the first 4 weeks you don't even crave the white flour and sugar. I do use Splenda and whole wheat or spelt flour. It really works!

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jun 26 2007, 9:45 am
I don't think that kind of lifestyle change would be very easy to adapt.

What do you do if you go away for Shabbos?
Or eat in a restaurant?
What do you do on yomtov?
Or at lechaims or other simchas?

happyone

Post Tue, Jun 26 2007, 10:04 am
You could eat protein, veggies, fruit etc.. those are available at any simcha. As far as Shabbos is concerned, you could do whole wheat challah - assuming it has no sugar or matza is really ok. you still could eat soup, fish, meat, salads etc..

chocolate moose

Post Tue, Jun 26 2007, 10:21 am
From my weight loss experience, it has to be a lifestyle change, but it can't be so drastic that you can't "keep" it.

I just think this sounds drastic, but if you can and want to do it, kol hakavod.

pappymom

Post Tue, Jun 26 2007, 11:57 am
I just want to clarify. for those that did it or know someone who did it: are all sugars forbidden on this diet or just added sugars? what about natural sugar....? and whole wheat is def allowed, just as long as there's no white flour in it?

amother

Post Tue, Jun 26 2007, 1:44 pm
I starte this 2 wks ago n it helps
I was also told cutting out these things helps PMS oh and caffeine too
its from the overeaters anonymous diet

pappymom

Post Tue, Jun 26 2007, 1:49 pm
so what exactly is it?

DefyGravity

Post Tue, Jun 26 2007, 1:58 pm
http://www.sugarbusters.com/faq.php

cindy324

Post Tue, Jun 26 2007, 5:24 pm
A bunch of diets are based on the no sugar/whiteflour idea. Besides SugarBusters, the South Beach diet, and all other pro-whole grains/anti sugar-whiteflour diets are very similar.

And no, it's not a drastic change. Diets that consist of whole grains and as little white sugar as possible are very healthy for you. A lot of people have lost weight switching to whole grains.

Shimmysmom

Post Wed, Jun 27 2007, 12:42 pm
we only eat whole grain but what kind of sugar are you supposed to use????

DefyGravity

Post Wed, Jun 27 2007, 12:42 pm
High fructose corn syrup Smile

happymom

Post Wed, Jun 27 2007, 12:44 pm
what workds best for me is no diet, just eating healthy and excersize. I am loosing weight and all I do is eat three healthy meals a day, drink lots of water, and if im hungry in bet meals eat fruits or veggies... I also do excersize every morning. this way if im somwehre and all they have in unhealthy food, its ok if its my meal. I wont feel like im "off" my diet!

Imhappy!

Post Wed, Jun 27 2007, 12:45 pm
sugar subsitutes like splenda or better try to enjoy the flavor of the food w/o added sweetness. I did this diet and lost over 20lbs

happymom

Post Wed, Jun 27 2007, 9:11 pm
isnt splenda really unhealthy?

supermom

Post Thu, Jun 28 2007, 4:23 am
It sounds like the diet from what to eat when you are expecting. All sugars are not allowed. To make things sweet they use juice concentrate in all their cookings and bakings.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise