Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Help needed

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Aug 31 2015, 6:41 pm
My son is suffering from a medical condition that is bh not life threatening but is very painful. We found out about a treatment plan that has had success, but we would have to take him to Europe and it would cost a substantial amount of money. Is there any organization that helps with medical expenses for a non life threatening illness?

busybee98

Post Mon, Aug 31 2015, 9:26 pm
If you are in nj I know there is something called catastrophic . I know they pay for child related expenses for illness and disability such as therapy wheelchairs etc. I don't know much else about it. Maybe google it. Again j know this is a program specifically in NJ. Good luck!

cbsp

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 11:23 pm
The answers to the questions below (don't necessarily answer here if it's too private) might help guide you. Hatzlachah in your quest and Refuah shelaima to your son.

Where do you live? How old is your child? What is the nature of the condition? Could it be classified as a disability? If you live in the U.S. then maybe your child may be eligible for SSI which can pay some money towards caring for your child. Does your child have a case manager/social worker? Sometimes they know of funds available for other financial burdens (mortgage, utilities) that can free up money for health care. I don't know if NJ is the only state with a catastrophic fund. It may pay to look into that angle.

Is there an organization that specializes in funding for your child's particular diagnosis? Can you ask the hospital how other people have paid the fees? Can they advocate for you? Can you call an organization like ECHO to get recommendations?

Can you take out a medical loan?

Have you considered a gofundme campaign?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics