Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
So, what new clothing are YOU wearing this holiday season?
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 8:24 am
Also, anyone know where I can get a nice gray pencil skirt, not expensive? I'm thinking it might look nice with a crisp white blouse and a cardigan? Does that sound nice? Keep in mind, that I'm a bit larger, so I wouldn't tuck the blouse in...

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Sep 07 2015, 3:31 pm
sportynat wrote:
Ok, so the floors were done by the contractor who redid the house...
Thanks for the compliments on the sheitel, gonna try to change the avatar!!!!! ;-)
I figured it would make a difference if I would just post a pic.... Glad I was right in my assumption Smile

was the floor put in of ready made stained wood, or they stained and shellaked it after installing plain wood?

applecake

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 3:52 pm

I got this dress last season on clearance and have been waiting for the fall holidays to pull it out and wear it. I hope it's cool enough - it's not feeling fall-ish around here at all yet.

watergirl

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 6:34 pm
I got new bras the other day... Literally saving one for RH. Cant afford new treats these days. But truth is, theres a lot to say about the comfort of a new bra...

seraphima

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 4:43 pm
applecake--Thanks for sharing! That dress really feels like fall and Rosh Hashana. I know what you mean about it not feeling like fall yet; it is over 100 degrees today here Sad

seraphima

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 4:46 pm
sportynat wrote:
Wearing the Esteez Paris stretch pencil skirt in the color sky blue, with the Esteez slinky 3/4 sleeve shell in sky blue and a royal
Blue chiffon top from Laura. That's one of my outfits. I wore it a couple of shabbosim ago and got loads of compliments. Gonna do an encore of that.

sportynat--thanks for posting a pic. You look very elegant and have such a lovely home.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 7:59 am
imasinger wrote:
I scored some new skirts from a sale at a fancy store n Lakewood when I visited this summer. $10 apiece. I will wear them with simcha.

(Now, if only OOT dry cleaning prices weren't almost as high as the cost of the skirts.)

I am also thinking about getting a few inexpensive books or games for me and my family,since that is another of our sources of simcha.

If the sources would be updated, I think they would add, And Zman for teenage boys.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 8:03 am
amother wrote:

Also, would still love to see pics/links of people's yomtov wardrobes. I could use inspiration. I'm not really up to shopping right now but I'm hopelessly out of date. Maybe I'll try a thrift store but need to know what kinds of things to look for or I'll risk buying something even more out of style than I own already!

I vote, all things being equal, buy what you like. I was just looking at the September O[prah] magazine and there's a big trend alert fashion spread. It looks like anything goes, even if they tell you that if you want to rock a certain trend you should best wear it one way (e.g. big top with fitted bottoms, what kind of heel, etc.). Because when all's said and done, confidence and feeling good about your choices add a lot to the overall picture.

But again, if you have a choice I understand why you'd want ideas of what to buy. Despite having seen the fashion spread and people in shul, I really can't advise you.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 8:04 am
amother wrote:
Also, anyone know where I can get a nice gray pencil skirt, not expensive? I'm thinking it might look nice with a crisp white blouse and a cardigan? Does that sound nice? Keep in mind, that I'm a bit larger, so I wouldn't tuck the blouse in...

Sounds wonderful. Do you plan to accessorize?

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 9:12 am
http://m.target.com/p/xhil-tas.....05681

I got this shirt....I also got a dress, but I can't find it on the website....

sprayonlove

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 9:24 am
I bought this dress:

http://m.asos.com/mt/www.asos......irect

And this dress:

http://m.asos.com/mt/www.asos......45207

The first one is already tzniut, but the second one I will wear with a white shell and when the weather gets cooler a blazer or cardigan.

sprayonlove

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 9:25 am
sportynat wrote:
Wearing the Esteez Paris stretch pencil skirt in the color sky blue, with the Esteez slinky 3/4 sleeve shell in sky blue and a royal
Blue chiffon top from Laura. That's one of my outfits. I wore it a couple of shabbosim ago and got loads of compliments. Gonna do an encore of that.

I love your shoes! Very nice outfit

shoshana2

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 9:55 pm
Wore two new belts from Old Navy with stuff I had in my closet.
One belt was a faux suede maroon and a black leather with a bow type knot.
Both looked great!

amother
Apricot

Post Wed, Sep 30 2015, 10:50 pm
Get a stunning skirt print or a color with a matching solid top and for the solid color you can get a printed blouse
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics