Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
ISO Parsnip puree recipe/mock mashed potatoes

Rosemarie

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 11:58 am
I recently ordered a steak that came with parsnip puree. I thought it was mashed potatoes. It was so delicious, tasted almost like mashed potatoes with an earthy undertone. Then I checked the menu and saw its parsnip puree. I realized it would be a terrific way to have low calorie, lo carb mashed potatoes.
Yesterday I tried making it using some recipe online but it didn't come out nearly as good. Wasn't as smooth, or creamy and the taste was not as good. It tasted fine with the gravy from the chicken but I want to try again to make it great.
So does anyone have a recipe for parsnip puree that they tried and know it tastes good?
Thanks everyone!

mandksima

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 4:27 pm
I am quite addicted to cauliflower mash. Have you tried that? I steam frozen or raw cauliflower in a little water with some sea salt. When soft, drain really well. Saute onions separately with enough olive oil till really soft. Puree all (I use the stick blender- super easy) and add salt and pepper to taste, adding more olive oil to make creamy if desired. With gravy, I can't tell the difference anymore. It is a tad more watery that potato would be so you have to drain the cauliflower very well.

Kumphort

Post Wed, Sep 09 2015, 6:32 pm
The loft mmmm.... Probably the reason why they are so good is because they put in lots of oil or other unhealthy ingredients
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes