Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
I've had it with Donald Trump!
1  2  3  Next

allthingsblue

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 1:23 pm
This man is a disgrace to America and to the Republican Party! The way he trash talks anyone he feels like, brags about his wealth, puts down other people's appearances, is so pompous... I am shocked and dismayed that he is receiving so much support! Does anyone feel like I do? Can you imagine an America with a rude, obnoxious, haughty, "I-don't-care-what-anyone-has-to-say-because-I-am-so-rich," small minded, s-xist president? This is just over the top!

Scrabble123

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 1:31 pm
He is indeed making himself out to be a complete and total misogynistic moron. Someone I know who knows him personally wrote him a letter discussing that fact. Interestingly enough, I've heard so many people speak highly of him. I guess you can try writing a letter to his campaign manager as well.

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 1:42 pm
But despite all of that, Trump has brought a topic that was swept under the rug by both parties — uncontrolled illegal immigration — and made it the major issue it should be. He also is likable and says what he thinks (or at least whatever he thinks at that particular moment). He's also the only candidate with Jewish grandchildren, but I digress.

And he's made this a singularly entertaining election cycle. Very Happy

Trump is not my candidate of choice, but I'd for sure take him over Hillary Clinton.

sequoia

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 1:56 pm
Our illegal immigrants are from MEXICO. Christians. Normal people. What's the worst they're gonna do, live on programs? Whole sectors of the frum Jewish community do that too, and nobody minds.

Compared to what Europe is facing -- ISIS Jihadis disguised as refugees marching en masse on their borders -- it's nothing.

gp2.0

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 2:00 pm
I'm waiting for a new reality show from Donald Trump: Can You Be A Presidential Candidate? Maybe something catchier. America's Next Presidential Candidate.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 2:21 pm
I'm really shocked that Trump has as much support as he does right now. It just goes to show what a fiscal mess the US is in, if people are willing to pin their hopes on him. He's far too arrogant, caustic, and outspoken to ever be a good diplomat. Make him secretary of the treasury or something like that, but President? No.

I really, REALLY want to see Dr. Ben Carson win.

That said, if Trump ends up being the front runner against the Hildebeast, I'll vote for him.

sequoia

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 3:09 pm
I've been a fan of Dr. Carson since I was a kid. He can't win tho. He's all... polite and stuff.

causemommysaid

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 3:26 pm
I'm starting to think the race will be between Trump and Hilary. I think he is the lesser of the two evils but that's not saying much.

Rubber Ducky

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 3:27 pm
Dr. Carson is a mentsch. That may be a disqualifier these days.

Amarante

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 3:31 pm
Trump is tapping into the inchoate anger of the working class in the US who know they are being screwed but aren't sophisticated enough to understand exactly how it is being done.

Why they identify with an bombastic poseur who is exploiting their anger and really has no intention or ability to actually provide change, speaks to the political ignorance of the US electorate in general. But he stands in a long line of know nothing demagogues who have risen to prominence - or even power - based on this.

Why people continue to vote against their economic self interest and identify with billionaires who exploit the economic system solely for their own benefit is a mystery to me.

Warren Buffet is an honest rich person. He admits there is an inequitable system in which his secretary pays a higher percentage of her income in taxes than he does and he attempts to change the system instead of providing a smoke screen of anger so that working and middle class can continue to vote against their self interests.

DrMom

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 3:54 pm
sequoia wrote:
Our illegal immigrants are from MEXICO. Christians. Normal people. What's the worst they're gonna do, live on programs? Whole sectors of the frum Jewish community do that too, and nobody minds.

Compared to what Europe is facing -- ISIS Jihadis disguised as refugees marching en masse on their borders -- it's nothing.

1. Just because someone is xtian (?), does not mean s/he should be able to break the law, or that s/he is not dangerous.

2. If Mexico's border is not controlled, and the US's border is not controlled, anyone could be coming over that border. There have been proven connections between Mexican drug cartels and jihadis.

I believe this is a very serious security issue, and Trump deserves credit for putting int at the forefront of the campaign, his abrasive personality notwithstanding.

Butterfly07

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 4:04 pm
I was pro Trump until recently. I just can't stand his attitude anymore! It's so.... ignorant and arrogant, among many other things. Yes, with him as president I am certain we will experience some much needed change and direction and most probably an elevation in our economy! I have been looking into Ben Carson and he seems to be a pretty swell guy!

DrMom

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 4:07 pm
Rubber Ducky wrote:
Dr. Carson is a mentsch. That may be a disqualifier these days.

I think he would make an excellent Secretary of Education. I mean one with a really pro-active, revolutionizing role.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 4:59 pm
Trump is a loose cannon but not as loose as we think. I think there is a cheshbon.
Funny thing is, I heard him on a local station and he was downright charming. It made me understand how he got where he did. The day before he was on with another host (prior to a state appearance) and he was ok but a bit bombastic. The next day's host is a local mover and shaker and I think Trump didn't want to alienate him, even though that host has come out against him.
I also think that that dictum of lev melachim v'sarim byad Hashem means that Hashem sometimes orchestrate people's hearts being attracted to leaders they never would have otherwise...

kb

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 5:13 pm
I'm not very into politics, but a few things I've heard him say really boiled my blood.

When he was criticizing the deal with Iran, a reporter asked him what he'd do differently. He basically said "I'm not telling cuz then the other politicians can copy me!" and that all the other politicians do is make promises they won't keep, but he's not doing that. No joke. He's just talking fluff.

He keeps putting down illegal workers, but when questioned about who builds his buildings, he says he doesn't know if the actual workers are legal or not, but he works with legal companies. THAT is a legal loophole: even if you're not legal to work here, you are allowed to open a company. So basically, I assume that his illegal workers are working as corporations vs individuals, so it's legal for him to hire them. (pure assumption on my part, based on what I heard)

seraphima

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 5:54 pm
I didn't realize that anyone took Trump seriously. I feel like his MO is a cry for attention so I try to ignore him and hope he goes away.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 9:03 pm
Well, Jindal has some great lines:
About Trump reading the Bible: He only reads books he's in.
And the president has declared war on trans-fat and made a truce with Iran.

daisy dukes

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 9:10 pm
Too many politicians lie about things. Too many politicians are in legal trouble. Trump is different. He is upfront and honest about his opinions. I love that about him. I never have to figure out what he really means because he says it like it is. I don't think he will ever win presidency but its been nice to hear a "politician" speak their truth for a change. I admire that courage and bravery.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 9:28 pm
daisy dukes wrote:
Too many politicians lie about things. Too many politicians are in legal trouble. Trump is different. He is upfront and honest about his opinions. I love that about him. I never have to figure out what he really means because he says it like it is. I don't think he will ever win presidency but its been nice to hear a "politician" speak their truth for a change. I admire that courage and bravery.

A lot of politicians change their views on things. Bill Bennett, whose program I really enjoy, was a Democrat less than 30 years ago. So it's not considered inconsistent to have had differing opinions on things. But there seems to be too much flip flopping here.
Oh, and about Carly Fiorina being a failed business person. I can't remember what it was he said that made me think, You go, Mr. How Many Bankruptcies Again? Trump!

ruby slippers

Post Thu, Sep 10 2015, 9:51 pm
allthingsblue wrote:
This man is a disgrace to America and to the Republican Party! The way he trash talks anyone he feels like, brags about his wealth, puts down other people's appearances, is so pompous... I am shocked and dismayed that he is receiving so much support! Does anyone feel like I do? Can you imagine an America with a rude, obnoxious, haughty, "I-don't-care-what-anyone-has-to-say-because-I-am-so-rich," small minded, s-xist president? This is just over the top!

yes he is over the top- but look at what we have now- it seems people want someone who is loud, outspoken, and says exactly what is on his mind at least he admits he thinks he is g/ds gift to the world! Wish the other candidates would be as loud.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics