Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Everyday or shabbos/Yom tov?

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 4:22 pm
Im in a quandary. At my stage of life, with a few little ones who are always getting their hands dirty and then coming to hug me or touch me, and nursing my youngest, I can't see myself spending $ on a fancy dry clean only Yom tov outfit. However, the washable more casual outfits seem to be what my fancy neighbors, the ones who have full time help or work outside the home and therefore get dressed everyday, will be wearing during the week. Is it crazy if I wear these types of outfits, mostly those non-layer dresses that are so popular, on Shabbos and Yom tov? I can wear heels, so it will look a bit dressier...

kb

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 4:27 pm
I wash and dry all my dry clean only clothing. I figure, if it gets ruined, I can't wear it. And if I have to dry clean it, it would be cheaper to replace it anyway.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 4:38 pm
I only buy washable clothing. On Shabbos I wear jewelry and heels to look dressed up. When my Shabbos clothing gets worn out, it becomes my everyday clothing. I never have any laundry problems and really make the best out of my wardrobe.

myself

Post Sun, Sep 20 2015, 5:01 pm
Wear what you feel comfortable in. There are classy dresses that are washable too. In fact, I wash most of my Shabbos clothes in the machine, even some that are dry clean only. It depends on the type of fabric, many wash perfectly.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics