Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Canadian election results

etky

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 2:32 am
Canadian imamothers - what is your take on the election results?
Here in Israel there is concern about losing someone who has been an important friend for many years.
What is your perspective on this and other issues?

DrMom

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 4:10 am
I'm not Canadian, but it doesn't look very promising. Another nebulous "Hope and Change" platform orchestrated by alumni of the Obama campaign.

m in Israel

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 5:42 am
I'm not Canadian and admit that I really have not followed the elections there at all. However I am very sad to see Harper go. Out of all the world leaders in the past bunch of years I think he may have been the MOST supportive of Israel of anyone. Even when it didn't necessarily appear politically prudent he has stood up against evil and terrorism, and in support of Israel's right to exist and defend itself.

noosheen

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 7:38 am
I AM Canadian and am numb & shocked.

I can't even imagine having another prime minister. I can't believe that Canadians have voted in this suberfitial, self absorbed, man. to me he reminds me of Obama - all show and no substance. I was so proud of our prime minister, Stephen Harper, who has principles and would not back down when under pressure.

I don't understand this.,....

This has to be what Hashem wants right now......

morah

Post Tue, Oct 20 2015, 7:46 am
Not Canadian but have some family in Montreal, I've been following with benign interest. I expected better of my northern counterparts. Trudeau is a cosseted young pretty boy riding on the coattails of his father and an embarrassment to his country (anyone see his ridiculous prank videos? Not becoming of someone who wants to be a prime minister). Good luck, Canada, you're gonna need it. And EY needs our tefillot more than ever now that we've lost another important friend.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics