Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
ISO easy delicious cake for Shabbos

Ella1

Post Thu, Oct 22 2015, 11:27 pm
I am so bored with my recipes. What's your favorite easy delicious cake recipe? Prefer oil vs. Margarine and no separating eggs. TIA!

sv123

Post Thu, Oct 22 2015, 11:30 pm
Amaretto bundt cake, mocha bundt cake, caramel bundt cake, peanut butter bundt cake with chocolate frosting... all delicious! Let me know if you want any recipes

mha3484

Post Thu, Oct 22 2015, 11:32 pm
I made this last week and it was excellent. http://smittenkitchen.com/blog.....cake/

I skipped the frosting and used the healthy whip from whole foods. It's not very sweet without a topping.

Ella1

Post Thu, Oct 22 2015, 11:37 pm
Would love the recipes for the amaretto and caramel cakes, thnx!

wifemother

Post Fri, Oct 23 2015, 12:26 am
Would love the mocha bundt cake recipe, please.

Amarante

Post Fri, Oct 23 2015, 8:12 am
This is very very good and I think pretty easy.

If you want even easier, I have some doctored cake mix recipes where you take a box of cake mix and add a few simple ingredients which produce very good results. I can post if you are interested.

Friday Night Double Fudge Chocolate Cake (Parve/No Margarine)

King Arthur Flour

Cake can stick so grease pan well.

I recommend second method of glazing not in the pan but after it cools as it's easier to melt the glaze in the microwave

Can mix dry ingredients in the ahead of time if that helps time management.

Cake
1 1/4 cups (8 3/4 ounces) granulated sugar
1 cup (7 1/2 ounces) brown sugar
1 cup (7 ounces) vegetable oil
2 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
3/4 cup (2 ounces) cocoa, sifted after measuring
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 cups (12 3/4 ounces) King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
2 cups (16 ounces) brewed coffee (just warm)
1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, or coarsely chopped semisweet chocolate

Topping
1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips, or coarsely chopped semisweet chocolate
1 cup (6 ounces) white chocolate chips, or coarsely chopped white chocolate

Cake: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Generously grease a 10-inch bundt-style or tube pan.

In a large mixing bowl, combine the white and brown sugars, the oil, eggs, and vanilla, and beat at medium speed for 1 minute, until smooth. In a medium-sized bowl combine the cocoa, baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour. Add the dry ingredients to the sugar and oil mixture alternately with the warm coffee, beating steadily to make a smooth, thin batter.

Spoon the batter into the pan, and sprinkle the chocolate chips on top. Use a spoon or your fingers to barely submerge the chips in the batter; they'll sink and float at random, which is OK.

Bake the cake for 60 to 72 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out dry and the top springs back when touched gently.

Topping: As soon as the cake is out of the oven, gently sprinkle it with the dark and white chocolate. Allow it to rest for several minutes to soften the chips, then swirl the chips onto the cake with a butter knife, spreading and smearing chocolate over the top of the cake. Loosen the sides of the cake from the pan, and allow it to cool. Remove it from the pan, and set it on a serving plate, iced-side up. Dust with confectioners' sugar, if desired. This cake keeps several days at room temperature, covered, and also freezes well. Yield: 12 to 16 servings

Optional Glaze: Instead of the chopped chocolate topping, allow the cake to cool for at least 20 minutes, then remove it from the pan. If it sticks, place the pan on a warm burner to loosen and release the cake. Melt the glaze ingredients (semisweet and white chocolates) in the top of a double boiler, then swirl them over the cooled cake.

Mama'le

Post Fri, Oct 23 2015, 9:14 am
Can you please post the recipe for the peanut butter bundt cake?

sky

Post Fri, Oct 23 2015, 9:27 am
Mocha Bundt cake. This is delicious (it is in my oven right now):

http://www.imamother.com/forum.....+cake

This may be the caramel bundt cake refered to:

http://www.imamother.com/forum.....bundt

sv123

Post Fri, Oct 23 2015, 10:02 am
Yup, those were the recipes I was referring to, thanks sky!

Here's the amaretto cake recipe:

4 eggs
2 cups sugar
2/3 cup oil
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups flour
1 package instant vanilla pudding mix (do not prepare)
¾ cup orange juice
¼ cup vodka
¼ cup amaretto

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine dry ingredients. Slowly add eggs, orange juice, vodka, oil, and amaretto. Spray a Bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray. Pour in batter and bake for 55 minutes.

Glaze
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 tablespoon orange juice
1 tablespoon vodka
1 tablespoon amaretto

Combine ingredients with a fork and mix until there are no lumps. Thin with water if necessary. Drizzle on cake.

sv123

Post Fri, Oct 23 2015, 10:17 am
Peanut butter bundt cake:

Cake:
2 cups all purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon fine sea salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup (2 sticks) margarine
1 cup water
1/4 cup reduced fat creamy peanut butter
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup of milk or soymilk
1 teaspoon lemon juice

Glaze:
4 oz good quality semisweet chocolate, chopped.
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
5 tablespoons water, divided
1 1/2 cups confectionary sugar

Preheat oven to 350, spray bundt pan with nonstick baking spray. In a large bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
In a medium pot over medium heat, bring the water, margarine and peanut butter to a boil, stirring until smooth. Add to the flour mixture, stirring with a spatula, about 50-60 strokes until well mixed and smooth.
In a small bowl,whisk the eggs, vanilla, milk and lemon juice. Pour this into the peanut butter mixture until you have a smooth batter. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool.

Prepare the glaze: Melt the chocolate, peanut butter and two tablespoons water in a medium pot over medium heat. Stir until smooth.Remove from hear and stir in remaining 3 tablespoons of water. Stir in confectionary sugar, keep stirring until a smooth glaze forms. Pour over cake.

Enjoy! This recipe is from KBD, it's incredibly moist, and you can easily substitute oil for the margarine!

Ella1

Post Sat, Oct 24 2015, 10:01 pm
Thnx everyone! Mocha cake was a big hit! Couldn't make the amaretto b/c I didn't have all the ingredients... Would love to collect more recipes, so keep 'em coming!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins