Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Oh my goodness this is so embarrassing

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Oct 29 2015, 7:01 pm
OI just sent an email to someone from the advice centre at my university regarding a matter that we had been dealing with. Thank G-d I said nothing revealing or personal just along the lines of "sorry it's been a while since I updated you" and a few other sentences about the said situation. By mistake, I entered the email address of one of my tutors into the top of the email, and it got sent to her by mistake!! This is so so embarrassing, I must just be so tired. I must have entered her name because, after sending this email, I was intending to email her as well (about a completely different matter), non personal, and obviously I got confused about who I was sending this email to.
Now she will read this tomorrow..so I've just sent an email asking if she could kindly not read the email that I sent to her in error. Is that ok?! I am so embarrassed and annoyed.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Oct 29 2015, 7:07 pm
I think everyone has at least one of those moments in their lives. A friend of mine is an attorney, and once he sent me a HIGHLY confidential document. His client has a name that is close to mine, so it must have come up right under mine in the email directory.

I deleted the email immediately, and then emailed my friend to let him know what happened and that the email had been deleted. We both agreed to never speak of it again. Wink

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Oct 29 2015, 7:07 pm
Well it is a tad better than something like giving the wrong medications to a patient.

justcallmeima

Post Thu, Oct 29 2015, 7:22 pm
What's the big deal?

Miri7

Post Thu, Oct 29 2015, 7:42 pm
I use gmail for my email and they now have a feature that allows you to "pull back" or "unsend" the email for a certain time period after you send it. I think it's like 15 or 30 seconds. I turned it on and I LOVE it.

observer

Post Thu, Oct 29 2015, 9:24 pm
Sounds like a good feature, but how often does that come up miri7?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette