Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
WWYD

amother
Mint

Post Sun, Nov 08 2015, 10:36 pm
I'm going to Israel (from the US) for a family simcha. I'm staying for literally 3 (full) days. Money aside, would you bring a child in lower elementary school along?

justforfun87

Post Sun, Nov 08 2015, 11:23 pm
That is quite a long trip in terms of flight time. Also the time change is a bit overwhelming for younger kids. How insistent is the child?

vicki

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 6:24 am
Is there close family in Israel that would be happy to see your child? Siblings, parents? Would your child see cousins?
Personally, money aside, I would.
It's one of those things that are hard at the time but looked back on fondly forever. Lower elementary aged kids sleep through the night, shouldn't cause trouble on the flight, etc.. (unless yours is high maintenance)

amother
Chartreuse

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 8:10 am
If money wasnt an option I would totally do it.

My parents and some of my sibblings live in Israel and my kids never saw most of them. If my option was to go for 3 days with no plans to go again for the foreseeable future, I would take my kids if I had the money.

Lady Godiva

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 9:21 am
I would not do it for 3 days. Especially not during the school year. The missed school work in addition to the confusing sleep/wake schedule can be hard on a young child.

the world's best mom

Post Mon, Nov 09 2015, 9:30 am
I would. It would be a shame to stay for so short, but it would be an irreplaceable experience for the kid, especially if it would be just you and her.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics