Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Toddler nose bleeds

ShirleyTemple

Post Tue, Nov 10 2015, 5:49 pm
Is there any cure, remedy, supplement etc that I can do/give to prevent those nose bleeds? Could hapen in middle of the night and besides for being annoying that im woken up, the bleeding could sometimes be relentless and it's frustrating for my child too.

Medically, it's not a concern.

Thanks

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Nov 10 2015, 5:58 pm
My daughter had frequent nose bleeds as a toddler and managed to grow out of them by her teens. (No clotting factor issues and no need to have her nose packed or cauterization causes internal scars to we said no.) At thirty she only has one or 2 a year.

There were nights when I would go to kiss her on my way to bed and her crib looked like a horror story. (Walking down the fruit aisle at the store, bloody nose, pushing her in a carriage, woman screams 'THE BABY IS BLEEDING'.)

We went to Drs who all advised keeping her mucous membranes moist, and to use a simple saline spray. Never use vaseline. We did learn some acupressure and reflexology to aid in stopping the bleeding. And she got more than her fair share of green leafy veggies, since vit K assists clotting. Sometimes she would clot for a couple of days and then rebleed.

But see a Dr. so you can eliminate other factors.

tweety1

Post Tue, Nov 10 2015, 8:24 pm
Dr. Goldsmith head of ent dept in miamonides told me to put bacitracin inside the nose 2x a day for a week every time it bleeds. Bh it works for my child. He claims cautorizing doesn't solve the problem only helps the symptoms temporarily. I also gave my child a vitamin program which helped a ton.

spring13

Post Tue, Nov 10 2015, 9:12 pm
Put a cool mist humidifier in his room, at night, if you haven't already.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics