Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Most affordable place to buy granite in Monsey or Brooklyn?

yummy2smiles

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 5:36 pm
Moving from Brooklyn to Monsey and looking to buy granite countertops but so far everywhere I'm going seems very expensive compared to a friend's pricing in Baltimore.

loveandpeace

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 5:46 pm
Go to Baltimore

sourstix

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 5:48 pm
welcome to the world of granite. its expensive and thats why alot of us have the cheap versions.

yummy2smiles

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 5:49 pm
what does "cheap version" mean?

I would go to Baltimore but the places there don't want to deal with traveling to Monsey for measuring and installing and shlepping their slabs...

copypaste

Post Tue, Nov 24 2015, 9:43 pm
I purchased my granite and marble in Monroe by "Allstiles" - they are very nice and good costumer service.

tweety1

Post Wed, Nov 25 2015, 6:57 am
Quartz is slightly cheaper and available is more patterns. It's more or less the same thing but man made.

OOTBubby

Post Wed, Nov 25 2015, 7:49 am
tweety1 wrote:
Quartz is slightly cheaper and available is more patterns. It's more or less the same thing but man made.

Quartz is made up of stone mixed with resin -- it is man made but stone based. If you want to be able to kasher counters for Pesach, you may need to check whether or not quartz can be kashered is it is not basically stone.

There is also Quartzite which is more expense but is solid stone, and harder than granite. It looks more like marble. Since it is solid, hard stone, there is no problem kashering it. It is very nice looking.

Many people confuse Quartz and Quartzite and they are very different. I am building a new home and have done extensive research on this subject (I plan to go with Quartzite).

saw50st8

Post Wed, Nov 25 2015, 7:57 am
OP, check out marble.com - they are located in Ridgefield Park NJ and have a huge selection and good prices. We didn't use them, but a lot of my friends did.

There is a wonderful place in Pearl River but they aren't cheap. They do have unbelievable stones though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics