Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Parenting teens with compassion and understanding

Happy Mom

Post Wed, Nov 25 2015, 4:47 pm
"Would you like to see your teenager happier? More satisfied with their lives? Would you like to enhance your relationship with them?"

As a writer, inspirational speaker and parenting consultant- and just as importantly, as a mother to a large family - I have a passion for helping parents create harmony in their homes. I've been teaching and advising parents for years, and have finally created a parenting series to specifically address the concerns of parents looking for guidance on how to most effectively parent their teenagers.

If you're unsure of how to guide your children through these turbulent years, if you're finding that the techniques that worked when your children were young aren't effective anymore, I can help!

If you're feeling confused or unsure, you're not alone. It's a challenging time for parents and children to navigate the changes of this stage. If you're having a hard time or feeling confused, it's not a reflection on you and it's not a reflection on your teen - sometimes a new approach is just what is needed at this time!

In my new teleconference parenting workshop series, Strengthening the Connection, I'll help you enhance your relationship with your teens in a strong, compassionate and empowered way.

Some of the topics we'll explore:

- Why connecting with your child is the source of your parental power

- How to positively connect with your child

- Why threats and ultimatums will never produce lasting change

- Why giving up control is the smartest thing you'll ever do as a parent

- How to understand and value the unique person your teen is

- Why what you might be doing isn't working and what to do instead

- How to show your unconditional love of your child

- How to effectively communicate with your teen, even in tough moments

- Learn to recognize your own needs and manage your own emotions

And lots, lots, LOTS more.

Strengthening the Connection will begin on December 20, Sundays from 1:30 - 3 pm (EST)/8:30 - 10 pm (Israel).

There will be 20 sessions; each session will be an hour long, followed by an interactive 30 minute question and answer session. I want to hear from you and address your individual concerns! Recordings will be available so you can review the class during the week and gives you the opportunity to make up a class if you have a scheduling conflict. BUT live attendance is strongly encouraged so you can be part of the conversation!

Maybe you know you need help, but aren't sure that it's my help you need! Or you're nervous to commit to a series of classes before knowing if the approach will resonate with you. Sign up, try out the first three classes, and if after these three classes you decide you don't want to continue for whatever reason just let me know and your money will be fully refunded.

You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Take the plunge and have the courage to trust that there's a solution and that it will work for YOU and YOUR FAMILY! It really will.

No matter what your relationship with your teenager is like now, it's never too late to improve. It's never too late to restore the connection!

For solutions that work and changes that last, visit avivahwerner.com to register.

I'm so excited to share this information with you! I can't wait for you to join me and start making your own home a place of calm and happiness!

Paid Sponsored Post

Last edited by Happy Mom on Mon, Nov 30 2015, 2:57 am; edited 2 times in total

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Nov 25 2015, 5:20 pm
Is this for preteens, age 9/10?
For a parent who has never had a good relationship with said child?

Happy Mom

Post Thu, Nov 26 2015, 1:31 am
Thank you for asking, amother.

My basic approach is the same regardless of age, degree of connectedness between parent and child, or if a teen is at risk or not. I encourage compassion and connection and a meaningful building of the relationship. What differs are the specifics in how to apply that at different ages/stages.

Zehava

Post Thu, Nov 26 2015, 12:20 pm
Hands up to you Aviva for changing the tone. I hope you can help many teens, and their parents, communicate more successfully.

amother
Aqua

Post Thu, Nov 26 2015, 6:21 pm
Please be honest. I don't have the money to spend on this right now unfortunately, but I would love to at least be able to listen for the first 3 classes. How do you feel about someone signing up knowing they'll be stopping after the first 3 classes?

Happy Mom

Post Fri, Nov 27 2015, 12:23 am
Amother, I understand your situation and would love to have you listening!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children