Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Baltimore options for 3 yr old girl

tzavei_yeshuos

Post Tue, Dec 08 2015, 10:19 am
My family hopes to move to Baltimore after pesach--it is not 100% certain though that we would move there (depends on jobs, etc), but we hope it will work out.

What do people do with their 3 yr old girls? Do they send to the beis Yakov or are there playgroups for that age? Is the school and/or groups hard to get in to if we can only commit in May or June? Thanks!

patientmom

Post Tue, Dec 08 2015, 10:48 am
There are a bunch of playgroups, some fill up faster than others, I personally don't send my kids out so young...I did look into it when my oldest just turned 3, though.

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Dec 08 2015, 10:59 am
For a 3-year-old you don't need to send to BY or Bnos. There are lots of playgroups and preschools to choose from. My granddaughter attends Morah Bracha's Montessori group (not the Montessori preschool at Ner Tamid). It's mixed ages, from about 2.5 - 5 years.

tzavei_yeshuos

Post Tue, Dec 08 2015, 12:35 pm
Thanks for the responses! Is there a listing or yahoo group where I can get more info (names/phone numbers, etc)?

As a side note, how do you keep a 3 year old happy at home and juggle nursing/naps for younger kids?

patientmom

Post Tue, Dec 08 2015, 5:50 pm
If there is a listing somewhere, I don't know about it, when I did my research, about 6 years ago, it was mostly word of mouth.
There is The Advertiser, that sometimes people place adds about playgroups/daycares, but it's not a list or anything.

B"H ba"h all my kids entertain themselves, they come find me when they need/want something.
I do play with them, sing songs, do projects/color, let them "help" around the house, etc.
Nursing, was on the couch, or where the older kids were, if I was in the middle of doing something with them.
Nap time for baby, for the first few months, was always in the living room in a bassinet/stroller that lays completely flat, after that baby took naps in a closed room on the main floor.
If I felt like I needed a nap, it was always on the couch, so the kids could wake me if anyone needed anything (I don't take long naps)

suzyq

Post Wed, Dec 16 2015, 7:51 am
There is a Facebook group if you're on Facebook that is a wealth of information and there is a list floating around, but not sure it's up to date. You can PM me for more info about getting connected with either of these resources.

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Dec 21 2015, 1:50 pm
there is list floating around...it was on the nshei pickwich email list a while back. Don't know how updated it is.

Will a morah take your daughter after pesach into you playgroup? Having done a number of years on the baltimore playgroup scene, I would say it depends. Some Morahs are totally chilled and laid back and totally don't care-- as long as they have room, they would love to have your little meidel. Smile

Other Morahs are more uptight and are concerned about group dynamics, etc... Also I can imagine some of the ones I know thinking that "It's not worth the hassle of trying to break this kid into the group for only 6 weeks"

The larger daycare type places (Gan Rutie, Gan Yaffa, etc...) are more expensive, but are also more likely to accomodate a kid starting after pesach.

dovy

Post Mon, Dec 21 2015, 7:50 pm
Another option is doing a round robin playgroup, it saves money and your kids gets to be with other kids. I did and still do it.

tzavei_yeshuos

Post Mon, Mar 14 2016, 6:59 pm
Can anyone PM me with names and numbers of groups? We hope to move soon!

(for the record, my DD is 2.5 now and I am looking for a 3 yr old group to take her in the fall)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating