Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Urgent!! Desperate to buy house in BP!!

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Dec 23 2015, 9:54 pm
As luck would have it, the apartment that we've been renting for the past 7½ years has been sold and the new landlord wants us out within 60 days. We cannot afford to buy an apartment or condo since we need an income however we don't want to rent either, due to the ridiculous prices out there. We aren't really being picky to a specific location but we do want the house to be 2 apartments plus a basement.
Can anyone make any offers or suggestions? We cannot deal with eretz realty due to privacy issues that we've had with them. Does anyone know of other brokers in BP that would be able to offer us something?

mfb

Post Wed, Dec 23 2015, 10:22 pm
Schmidt realty
Don't know their #

doctorima

Post Thu, Dec 24 2015, 12:49 am
Sorry, don't know BP real estate, but just want to say that unless you're planning to pay cash, even if you find your perfect house, you still won't be able to be out of your current place in 60 days, because it takes that long just to get a mortgage approved, which you need before you can close, so please have some sort of back-up plan in place.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Dec 24 2015, 9:20 am
Thanks doctorima for your response. We do have a backup plan however we would prefer not to have to use it since it is extremely inconvenient. It is also easier to tell the new landlord that we might need another few weeks to be able to get out verses we don't know when we will be out.

Amarante

Post Thu, Dec 24 2015, 9:32 am
It's not that easy to remove a tenant in NYC which is why apartments without tenants sell for a premium.

The OP has a lot to of bargaining power in terms of negotiating a time of departure.

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Dec 24 2015, 12:47 pm
Amarante wrote:
It's not that easy to remove a tenant in NYC which is why apartments without tenants sell for a premium.

The OP has a lot to of bargaining power in terms of negotiating a time of departure.

I'm quite sure if the op now has 60 days to get out , it means it's the last 60 days they had time to get out from the time the house was sold. Even with the tenant rights in NYC there is only that much time a buyer is supposed to sit and lose out on re construction or whatever they want to do.
Even if the op's do get an extension, they still have to get out. Eventually, but sooner than later. They should be focusing on finding a new house rather than fighting with the new landlord.

A back up plan is great till you get the mortgage and closing stuff settled, but yeah, 60 days is urgent.
OP I hope you find a helpful realtor! Hatzlucha!

Amarante

Post Thu, Dec 24 2015, 1:02 pm
I don't mean to suggest they shouldn't leave.

I only meant the landlord will be amenable to reasonable extensions if they know OP is looking in good faith.

amother
Navy

Post Thu, Dec 24 2015, 1:55 pm
Amarante wrote:
I don't mean to suggest they shouldn't leave.

I only meant the landlord will be amenable to reasonable extensions if they know OP is looking in good faith.

That's exactly what I was under the impression of, as well, however the landlord doesn't want us to stay a day longer. He wants to start remodeling the house the day after the 60 days are up. Now I do know we have many rights and that he can't just throw us out but like another poster wrote, eventually we'll have to get out. And that is closer than further. Its also a bit easier to temporarily move into a furnished apartment for a few weeks if we know our house will be ready in x amount of time.

Does anyone know of brokers or just private people that are willing to sell?

sourstix

Post Thu, Dec 24 2015, 2:50 pm
dont buy a house in a rush. most houses they are seling in bp are old and need work. you cant just move in that way. rent something for temporary and look at your leisure. eretz realty is the biggest. most sellers in bp use a broker as the broker tries to do whatever it can to present the property in a positive way. they are there for the seller. as opposed to lakewood the broker is there for the buyer.
I know this from experience.

wanderer

Post Fri, Dec 25 2015, 12:14 am
amother wrote:
As luck would have it, the apartment that we've been renting for the past 7½ years has been sold and the new landlord wants us out within 60 days. We cannot afford to buy an apartment or condo since we need an income however we don't want to rent either, due to the ridiculous prices out there. We aren't really being picky to a specific location but we do want the house to be 2 apartments plus a basement.
Can anyone make any offers or suggestions? We cannot deal with eretz realty due to privacy issues that we've had with them. Does anyone know of other brokers in BP that would be able to offer us something?

I'm sorry you're going through this OP. But are you sure renting again isn't the right solution for you? If you can't afford an apartment or condo, how will you afford a 2 family? Especially considering you'll need to move in right away, so you'll be looking for something in good condition, on top of the large size. Your mortgage will be considerably more expensive than a condo. It's also pretty much impossible to find and close on a house within 60 days, unless you find one tomorrow and pay in full cash.

Sorry Sad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating