Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Parameds?
1  2  3  Next

amother
Fuchsia

Post Thu, Dec 24 2015, 1:49 am
Hi
I want to know if you work from home like parameds or something. I live in uk and im looking for a home job (that pays😊😀) because when il have my baby iyh I can earn some income as I wont have any maternity pay. Any ideas to earn income whilst 8 months pregnant and with a baby??

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Dec 24 2015, 4:29 am
I work for parameds, the pay sucks and it's long long hours. If you must work from home, you might want to try it. Personally I would not recommend it at all, it's slave labor. I'm thinking of quitting soon.

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Dec 24 2015, 4:51 pm
I worked for them for 1 year and quit. The pay is quite low and they work you very hard. I did not find it worth it at all.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Dec 25 2015, 12:11 am
Op here. So what other wprk from home jobs are there?

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Dec 25 2015, 12:48 am
By Israeli standards, people say they do well working for Parameds.

The problem is that it takes a few mos. to start making enough money, so it's not going to help you for the short-term.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Fri, Dec 25 2015, 1:15 am
Is there an american thing I can do?

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, Dec 25 2015, 1:55 am
amother wrote:
By Israeli standards, people say they do well working for Parameds.

The problem is that it takes a few mos. to start making enough money, so it's not going to help you for the short-term.
um I get paid a ridiculous $1.50-$4.50 a case. My time is not valuable at all it's all about the cases and how fast they come in which you have zero control over. I make 800+ NIS and I work 8 hours a day, 4 times a week. Even for Israelis that's way below minimum.

amother
Cobalt

Post Fri, Dec 25 2015, 5:10 am
amother wrote:
um I get paid a ridiculous $1.50-$4.50 a case. My time is not valuable at all it's all about the cases and how fast they come in which you have zero control over. I make 800+ NIS and I work 8 hours a day, 4 times a week. Even for Israelis that's way below minimum.

Most people I know make much better than that if you mean 800 NIS a month. Did you just start?

I worked for them for a very short period of time and made about that for the 2ish weeks I worked there. (Quit b/c I had a complication at the beginning of my pregnancy and already had another job and couldn't handle both.)

The first 4 mos., you make pennies. After that, it depends b/c it's not per hr., but I think I was told people make 3500-4000 shekel a month.

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, Dec 25 2015, 6:04 am
amother wrote:
Most people I know make much better than that if you mean 800 NIS a month. Did you just start?

I worked for them for a very short period of time and made about that for the 2ish weeks I worked there. (Quit b/c I had a complication at the beginning of my pregnancy and already had another job and couldn't handle both.)

The first 4 mos., you make pennies. After that, it depends b/c it's not per hr., but I think I was told people make 3500-4000 shekel a month.
I'm not a beginner

amother
Smokey

Post Fri, Dec 25 2015, 6:57 am
I made between $600-$700 per month. The thing is that as hard as you work, you really have no control over how fast it happens. Even if you put in a lot of effort, it's not in your hands how fast doctors' offices and hospitals take care of requests.

eta: I did not find it pleasant to deal with the higher-ups at Parameds. They were downright nasty at times.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sat, Dec 26 2015, 10:14 am
amother wrote:
I made between $600-$700 per month. The thing is that as hard as you work, you really have no control over how fast it happens. Even if you put in a lot of effort, it's not in your hands how fast doctors' offices and hospitals take care of requests.

eta: I did not find it pleasant to deal with the higher-ups at Parameds. They were downright nasty at times.

That's very true about the work. They say that the more work (requests you make), the more will come in, but there's no guarantees.

I personally know people that do very well there and laughed at me when I quit and told me I should quit the job that I kept (which made around 3,500 + or - NIS a month). They said Parameds pays much better. I also have a friend that loves working there and after a few yrs. became a higher up (hope she wasn't the one I spoke to you. I would highly doubt it. She is SO nice.)

Parameds also works American hrs., which means you'd have to work afternoon - night. I found this hard. I'd rather work in the morning and in the night if I didn't finish.

amother
Lilac

Post Sat, Dec 26 2015, 10:21 am
amother wrote:

How did you make that much? I totally agree about having no control over it. Most of my cases go through Healthport and they can NOT be rushed, which means I case can take a month!! Such a pain. And for working a month on it and calling many many many times I get $4.30 maybe. Or $1.50 depending if I'm getting paid by flat fee or floating scale.
My supervisor is a DOLL bH!! I would not survive a day doing this work if not for her.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sat, Dec 26 2015, 11:29 am
amother wrote:
How did you make that much? I totally agree about having no control over it. Most of my cases go through Healthport and they can NOT be rushed, which means I case can take a month!! Such a pain. And for working a month on it and calling many many many times I get $4.30 maybe. Or $1.50 depending if I'm getting paid by flat fee or floating scale.
My supervisor is a DOLL bH!! I would not survive a day doing this work if not for her.

Wow, I don't know how you work so hard for such a little amount of money. I hope you make more money soon!

amother
Lilac

Post Sat, Dec 26 2015, 1:24 pm
amother wrote:
Wow, I don't know how you work so hard for such a little amount of money. I hope you make more money soon!
me too!

Israeli Mother

Post Thu, Jan 14 2016, 1:24 pm
Oorah/Kars4Kids is frequently looking for people to work at home in Israel. The pay is not too bad - $9.00 an hour, or about 35 shekels an hour to do sales/customer service.

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Jan 14 2016, 1:31 pm
Israeli Mother wrote:
Oorah/Kars4Kids is frequently looking for people to work at home in Israel. The pay is not too bad - $9.00 an hour, or about 35 shekels an hour to do sales/customer service.
Tell me more!

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Jan 14 2016, 1:54 pm
amother wrote:

I quit a few months ago after almost 10 years there.. and to get that low after so much time when the demand for higher and higher quality is horrible. I calculated that what I was making was below the legal israeli minimum wage.. total slave labor.

Israeli Mother

Post Thu, Jan 14 2016, 2:30 pm
amother wrote:
Tell me more!

pm me and I will give you more details.

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Jan 14 2016, 2:35 pm
amother wrote:
I quit a few months ago after almost 10 years there.. and to get that low after so much time when the demand for higher and higher quality is horrible. I calculated that what I was making was below the legal israeli minimum wage.. total slave labor.
you were there for 10 years? Wow. How'd you last so long? Did you take 65 new cases a week? How many hours did you work everyday?

ultraweds

Post Thu, Jan 14 2016, 3:19 pm
Normally I am a fly on the wall on this site - I read the posts that are applicable and almost never comment - but now I really must,

I work for Parameds and I am so happy with them!

I dont have to send my baby anywhere - I work when she naps in the afternoon and then again when she's asleep for the night (granted I only have 1 baby - but I know many mothers of more children who work for them in the eve...). The company is'nt going anywhere and the consistency of it I love. Each call is different and that keeps it from being boring...once you learn the ropes and become quick at it the pay is decent (for an Israeli salary) - / it is also for many a side job that only takes up the night....we get sunday off so its a 4 day work week and apart from Mondays it takes rarely longer then 6 hours! ...

All in all im very happy to advocate for Parameds! My supervisor is great and they're constantly praising, acknowledging and rooting for you do make the most $ and do well!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers