Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Shaitels make me look so old!

miracleshappen

Post Tue, Dec 29 2015, 8:50 am
I am in my young twenties. I feel like all shaitels age me by a good 5 years. The only style I think is youthful is when people wear a fall and pull out a significant amount of hair in the front so they can wear some of it back.
Is there a youthful style for a shaitel that doesn't show hair in the front?

Ruchel

Post Tue, Dec 29 2015, 8:54 am
Cute bangs (hate bangs but some like)?
Shorter cut?
Highlights?

cm

Post Tue, Dec 29 2015, 9:01 am
Wispy bangs makes the hairline look more natural. Might help.

finallyamommy

Post Tue, Dec 29 2015, 9:17 am
I don't necessarily recommend this from a tznius perspective, but I find that the longer a sheitel is, the younger it makes a woman look.

byisrael

Post Tue, Dec 29 2015, 9:19 am
if you get alot of baby hairs in the bang and braid the front back
"seminary twists" on the side
braising and putting the sheital in a bun

nicole81

Post Tue, Dec 29 2015, 9:21 am
miracleshappen wrote:
I am in my young twenties. I feel like all shaitels age me by a good 5 years. The only style I think is youthful is when people wear a fall and pull out a significant amount of hair in the front so they can wear some of it back.
Is there a youthful style for a shaitel that doesn't show hair in the front?

you can accomplish this look without pulling out hair if you get a wig with a really good hairline and a lace front.

also, I think wigs with natural texture and that are slightly messy look more youthful than those perfectly coiffed looks.

byisrael

Post Tue, Dec 29 2015, 9:30 am
also a fall with the band on top of the sheital

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Dec 29 2015, 9:51 am
You may have the wrong hair color for your skin undertones. If you have warm skin and wear an ashy cool sheitel, you will always look pale and washed out. If you have cool skin and wear a warm tone sheitel, you will look brassy and kinda cheap.

You should try to find a good colorist in your area who can look at you and your sheitel in many different kinds of light, and then discuss. Highlights in the front of your sheitel can help, too.

You might also be using the wrong color of makeup to go with your sheitel color, and that can throw everything off, too. Again, a colorist can help sort this out.

A consultation might not be cheap, and a good colorist is hard to find, but this is your self image we're talking about, and in the long run it's a lot less expensive than having to waste money on sheitels or makeup that don't work for you.

Just my opinion here, but please try these options before you start thinking that showing all of your hair in front is the answer. You don't need to compromise if you find the right combo that makes you feel beautiful.

nywife

Post Tue, Dec 29 2015, 10:13 am
Try adding some highlights. I got the ends of my wig and the hairs around my face dipped and it made a world of a difference.

TovaDee

Post Tue, Dec 29 2015, 2:12 pm
I find density is an issue. Many sheitel machers like to make the sheitel with a LOT of hair to hide the hairline but in my experience, too much hair is a dead giveaway and you end up looking like an old lady trying to hide under a wig instead of a natural young woman. I prefer a sheitel that has much less density. It makes the whole thing lighter, gives it more movement, and makes it seem more youthful, in my opinion.

Butterfly07

Post Tue, Dec 29 2015, 3:13 pm
Coloring definitely does make a big difference in appearance!
Personally I find the lighter I go the younger I look and and darker I go the older I look.
Happens to be that I have a very young look in general, so I happen to like the fact that any sheital I wear makes me look more mature!
Also opposed to wearing the sheital bland, try styles with it! It helps more when you can see a face Smile GL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels