Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Anyone buy a paula young wig? What was your experience?

rochelp

Post Wed, Dec 30 2015, 2:01 pm
What type of wig did u buy. .were u happy?

pesek zman

Post Wed, Dec 30 2015, 2:31 pm
My mom! She has numerous styles. Full disclosure she doesn't cover her hair every day (on to shul and special occasions) so I can't speak to how it wears but she always looks good!

Fox

Post Wed, Dec 30 2015, 2:59 pm
I used to wear Paula Young exclusively, but they discontinued my favorite style.

I loved them. They were cheap and more-or-less disposable. I often ordered 3 or 4 at a time and just threw each one away when it got ratty.

Obviously, some styles are more successful than others. If you're in search of a long shaitel that can be dyed, styled, etc., this is not the solution. For those of us who wear short styles, though, they're great.

I also notice that they've come out with a line of more expensive, upscale wigs in the $200-$700 range. I don't have any experience with these, but I suspect they'd be great for someone who wants a nice shaitel at a reasonable price.

shoshana2

Post Wed, Dec 30 2015, 4:10 pm
Great for a short style wig that does not have to move - my mother wears a blonde one with nice highlights!

smss

Post Wed, Dec 30 2015, 4:26 pm
Fox wrote:
I used to wear Paula Young exclusively, but they discontinued my favorite style.

I loved them. They were cheap and more-or-less disposable. I often ordered 3 or 4 at a time and just threw each one away when it got ratty.

Obviously, some styles are more successful than others. If you're in search of a long shaitel that can be dyed, styled, etc., this is not the solution. For those of us who wear short styles, though, they're great.

I also notice that they've come out with a line of more expensive, upscale wigs in the $200-$700 range. I don't have any experience with these, but I suspect they'd be great for someone who wants a nice shaitel at a reasonable price.

If they are truly disposable, does the cost really work out cheaper than a human hair wig?

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Dec 30 2015, 7:30 pm
Paula Young has a division called Especially Yours that had larger wigs and, more important, in shade 2. That shade seems to be all but discontinued so I haven't followed them anymore. I do like that (when I did follow them) they had a return policy which Ye Olde Local Beauty Supplye Shoppe doesn't have.

Fox

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 12:31 am
smss wrote:
If they are truly disposable, does the cost really work out cheaper than a human hair wig?

Absolutely!

Let's say your preferred style is priced around $100. They regularly have 40 percent-off sales, bring the price down to $60 per wig. Even if you replaced your shaitel every month -- mine lasted 2-3 months -- you would be spending $720 a year.

If your $1500 shaitel requires monthly maintenance at a cost of $35, you will need to keep it more than five years to come out ahead. And need I point out that $1500 isn't considered outrageously expensive and many shaitel machers charge more than $35 for a wash and set.

If you're 22 years old and newly married, a Paula Young probably isn't for you. You will probably want a longer, higher-end shaitel that can be styled, etc.

But if you're a middle-aged mom running carpools and dashing to the grocery store in the pouring rain and still getting to work on time, you'll appreciate having an inexpensive shaitel that doesn't require upkeep or constant attention.

Hatemywig

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 12:33 am
Where is Dolly Welsh when needed?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels