Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
How's the weather for a Polar Bear swim ?

greenfire

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 12:47 pm
More Than 5,900 Daily Records Broken this December ...

with all the warm weather - however high the records have been - too bad it couldn't stay nice for the annual New Year's day polar bear swim ~ but it will be sunny Sunny

anybody in for an invigorating dip in the ocean ?

Last edited by greenfire on Fri, Jan 01 2016, 11:03 am; edited 1 time in total

JMM-uc

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 12:48 pm
It's raining it's pouring!! The old man is snoring Smile it's amazing! BH

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 12:49 pm
Here in Gush Etzion, about an hour and a bit before the night is over and it is pouring and windy and very cold outside. We are in a big fog and it is supposed to snow tomorrow night, so no polar bear swim for me Smile

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 1:03 pm
41F (5C) here in the upper left hand corner of the US. Up from a low of 16F (-8C). This time last year it was -3F (-19C).

Sadie

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 1:08 pm
Very cold and rainy. My husband just went out to meet friends and tried to get me to come along, but I prefer to stay in and snuggle with the cats.

ven

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 1:21 pm
Its a very cosy 59 f or 15 celsius here!! Is beyond wayyy to warm . Still have to kill bugs Sad

ven

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 1:24 pm
Its a very cosy 59 f or 15 celsius here!! Is beyond wayyy to warm . Still have to kill bugs Sad

gp2.0

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 1:31 pm
We have mosquitoes!!! Mosquitoes in December!!! Insane.

greenfire

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 1:40 pm
the mosquitoes are insane only if they go swimming too

Mrs Bissli

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 1:42 pm
Rather mild December, daytime high of low to mid teen C, which is like late Oct. Though temp dropping to normal low single C.

But really horrid storms and way too much rain. Scotland and good chunk of northern England including a part of Manchester is flooded. :-(

Volunteer

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 1:45 pm
Right now 46 F and cloudy in southeast USA. It's been unseasonably warm and rainy the whole month.

Plants and animals are all confused, thinking it's spring. I saw azaleas blossoming, bushes sprouting new leaves, crocuses poking up from the soil, and I keep hearing frogs croaking in the evening. Poor frogs, they'll be goners if the weather gets cold again in January.

boymom

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 1:47 pm
well it's a day before January and I still didn't wear my scarf or hat yet. though I did wear gloves a couple of times. weather was really decent today. not very cold. saw the sun a bit. no rain for a change. I think was in the mid 40s F today.

WhatFor

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 1:50 pm
Live, from the North Pole, we hit a high of forty today! Well above the usually freezing temperatures we have this time of year.
(Ok, I'm not really exactly in the North Pole right now...or even close... but still google North Pole weather to check it out...kinda nuts!)

greenfire

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 2:25 pm
http://www.amny.com/lifestyle/.....55114

yo'ma

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 2:34 pm
In the 90'sF the past few days, but we're expecting rain tonight and tomorrow, so at least it should be cooler when it rains Wink .

MyTimeNow

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 2:41 pm
My husband is thinking of doing the Polar Bear swim tomorrow 😡.
And my daughter's about to get on a plane to Israel, right about nooow...
I'm on my cozy couch debating between chocolate therapy & retail therapy. And I've just realized that the two of them are not mutually exclusive! 😉

Deep

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 4:19 pm
I think El Nino has passed over here. We had a record breakingly warm december but now its gotten quite frigid. We got over 40 cm of snow in the last two days. Snow ball fight anyone?

greenfire

Post Fri, Jan 01 2016, 10:27 am
sunny 42° feels like 35°

back from my ice breakers polar bear swim ... my one word to describe it

invigorating !!!

invigorating !!!

[you didn't think you'd get a real picture - did ya]

yo'ma

Post Fri, Jan 01 2016, 12:55 pm
yo'ma wrote:
In the 90'sF the past few days, but we're expecting rain tonight and tomorrow, so at least it should be cooler when it rains Wink .

Since you changed the title. No, too hot for a polar bear swim, but a brown bear swim, perfectly fine Wink . And it didn't rain yet, but is a little cooler.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics