Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Sweet potato in potato kugel?

happy chick

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 6:03 pm
does sweet potato go well in potato kugel? about 2 medium sized sweet potatoes to 5 lb potatoes? what will it taste like? would I leave out 2-3 potatoes from the 5lb or just add the sweet potatoes?

gittelchana

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 7:31 pm
Don't do it. It will change the texture and make your kugel a bit more watery.

pesek zman

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 8:06 pm
Doesn't sound yummy

happy chick

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 8:11 pm
thank you, guys. I guess I wont try it

pingo

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 8:15 pm
I put in squash

potatoes

Post Thu, Dec 31 2015, 8:32 pm
Oh, just plain potatoes are good

creditcards

Post Thu, Jan 21 2016, 10:57 am
I tried it and it was good

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Jan 21 2016, 11:10 am
Just so that you have an idea for a different time...I made up my own sweet potatoe kugel recipe...I microwave the sweet potatoes in their skins (or bake in oven) until they are soft enough to be mashed slightly. I Sautee a diced onion while the sweet potatoes are cooking. Then I put in 1 egg for every two potatoes and oil like I would in potatoe kugel , mash the sweet potatoes and add all the ingredients, salt and pepper (how ever you would make your ordinary potatoe kugel) it comes out delish...I usually snack on it all Friday by the time Shabbos comes around it's almost gone Smile

I dont like the idea of the regular kugel, sweet potatoe combo.

creditcards

Post Thu, Jan 21 2016, 1:11 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
Just so that you have an idea for a different time...I made up my own sweet potatoe kugel recipe...I microwave the sweet potatoes in their skins (or bake in oven) until they are soft enough to be mashed slightly. I Sautee a diced onion while the sweet potatoes are cooking. Then I put in 1 egg for every two potatoes and oil like I would in potatoe kugel , mash the sweet potatoes and add all the ingredients, salt and pepper (how ever you would make your ordinary potatoe kugel) it comes out delish...I usually snack on it all Friday by the time Shabbos comes around it's almost gone Smile

I dont like the idea of the regular kugel, sweet potatoe combo.

sounds like a delicouse recipe

I added one sweet potato to a whole bag of reg potatoes. You werent able to see it or feel it really. only if you new about it. I was short on potatoes. but it made the kugel a little nicer color. and little softer and sweeter. Lately I add an onion to make it soft and taste good.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes