Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Desperate for a new shaitel

pingo

Post Sat, Jan 02 2016, 9:10 pm
As title says im desperate for a new shaitel. I dont have the heart to spend 3000 as I have never loved any shaitel I had in the past 14 years. Although I am happy with my shaitel macher, she doesnt realy sell cheeper lines. Do you find that the more you spend on a shaitel the better the quality really is? Dont they all die within a few years any way

scrltfr

Post Sat, Jan 02 2016, 9:41 pm
pingo wrote:
As title says im desperate for a new shaitel. I dont have the heart to spend 3000 as I have never loved any shaitel I had in the past 14 years. Although I am happy with my shaitel macher, she doesnt realy sell cheeper lines. Do you find that the more you spend on a shaitel the better the quality really is? Dont they all die within a few years any way

You can get synthetic ones on amazon for about $20. Why don't you try a few and if you really like one show it to your shaitel macher.

I've bought 3 from amazon and get a lot of compliments. Yeah they don't last very long but they're cheap enough to get more.

alef12

Post Sat, Jan 02 2016, 9:48 pm
I'd suggest you consider consignment. You can get a nice wig for much less than buying new.

nicole81

Post Sun, Jan 03 2016, 12:28 am
I have been very happy with cheaper wigs, and I do think many wigs brands that are sold for around 3k are definitely not worth it and you can bad ones regardless of the price. however, I do have to say that none of my other wigs have ever held a candle to my 2 expensive wigs. I have one that I've worn daily for almost 3 years, for 12 hours days, barely ever wash, and it still looks new and amazing. but that's not because of the price, but rather the quality of the brand and the hair.

I think consignment is a good idea, and people seem to have been happy with irenes and sarys which aren't 3k.

TovaDee

Post Sun, Jan 03 2016, 12:34 am
Also, don't buy when you are feeling "desperate" or you may decide upon something you will regret. It is a better idea to do your research and take your time to ensure you end up with something you will really love.

mommy1and3

Post Sun, Jan 03 2016, 4:12 am
nicole81 wrote:
I have been very happy with cheaper wigs, and I do think many wigs brands that are sold for around 3k are definitely not worth it and you can bad ones regardless of the price. however, I do have to say that none of my other wigs have ever held a candle to my 2 expensive wigs. I have one that I've worn daily for almost 3 years, for 12 hours days, barely ever wash, and it still looks new and amazing. but that's not because of the price, but rather the quality of the brand and the hair.

I think consignment is a good idea, and people seem to have been happy with irenes and sarys which aren't 3k.

Would you mind sharing which brand they are since I'm also looking into buying a sheitil, though not specifically looking for very cheap.

pingo

Post Sun, Jan 03 2016, 9:17 am
Nicole81 what brand was it that held up so well?

Fast Forward

Post Sun, Jan 03 2016, 9:51 am
I am very happy with my Kikis and they were all under $1500. My first two were $1100 and I just bought one when my sheitel place was having a sale and paid $1400 (originally $2300.)

mommy1and3

Post Sun, Jan 03 2016, 10:07 am
Wow 1400? I have 2 I love them but my sheitil place is running a sale now for 200 off starting at 1800

Fast Forward

Post Sun, Jan 03 2016, 10:12 am
Maybe mine were less money because they are shorter than shoulder length.

mommy1and3

Post Sun, Jan 03 2016, 10:14 am
Fast Forward wrote:
Maybe mine were less money because they are shorter than shoulder length.

Same here!!!! Interesting!!!!

nicole81

Post Sun, Jan 03 2016, 11:37 am
I have clarys that I love. they are much less pricy than comparable hair and lengths from other brands, but they're not cheap. they tend to market outdated styles and super dense wigs, so if you go the clary route, only buy from a sheitel macher that is used to working with them and not direct. my sheitel macher had to be in constant contact with them to make sure it was exactly what we wanted. SO worth it though and I get compliments wherever I go.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels