Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Jewish magazine for girls

nicole81

Post Sun, Jan 03 2016, 8:33 pm
Can anyone recommend a jewish magazine for girls that ages 9-11 might enjoy? Thanks.

seeker

Post Sun, Jan 03 2016, 10:04 pm
http://jewishgirlsunite.com/yaldah/

Not personally familiar with it but it looks the general idea you're looking for. Check it out?

Simple1

Post Sun, Jan 03 2016, 11:38 pm
Spotlight.
My girls like the ones that come with Ami, Binah, and Mishpacha, but it would be nice if they were sold separate from the main magazine because I only occasionally feel like buying the regular magazines.

trixx

Post Mon, Jan 04 2016, 12:01 am
Yaldah? Always thought it was really dumb andand way too wannabe American girls but they may like it

oliveoil

Post Mon, Jan 04 2016, 12:45 am
trixx wrote:
Yaldah? Always thought it was really dumb andand way too wannabe American girls but they may like it

I don't know any girls who really enjoyed it. Was marketed to teen girls but the content was more appropriate for the 7-8 age group. Anyway, it doesn't exist anymore.

Smile1234

Post Mon, Jan 04 2016, 9:54 am
Does the Shoshanim magazine still exist?

Maya

Post Mon, Jan 04 2016, 9:59 am
nicole81 wrote:
Can anyone recommend a jewish magazine for girls that ages 9-11 might enjoy? Thanks.

I opened this thread to recommend Spotlight, but now I see you're the OP and I'm going to assume you're asking for your kids, I'm not sure anymore. It seems to be geared towards Chassidish/Yeshivish style girls, but I could be wrong and perhaps your girls would enjoy it. It's worth a try.

nicole81

Post Mon, Jan 04 2016, 2:38 pm
I googled spotlight quickly and can't seem to find any information online about it. Where is it sold that I could check it out? And what type of articles are in it?

My dd is very into Time for Kids and science and social studies articles in general, but she came across an old Mishpacha Jr. magazine last week and was completely enthralled in having something jewish to read. I spoke to my husband who actually said he has wanted a Mishpacha subscription for a while (who knew??) so I decided to bite the bullet and just purchase a subscription so he has what he wants and my dd can read the Jr. I also subscribed to National Geographic Kids.

bobeli

Post Mon, Jan 04 2016, 3:18 pm
I think the bina bunch is good

mha3484

Post Mon, Jan 04 2016, 3:21 pm
I like the Mishpacha Jr for the most part. I do not like the AIM.

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Jan 24 2016, 11:12 pm
nicole81 wrote:
I googled spotlight quickly and can't seem to find any information online about it. Where is it sold that I could check it out? And what type of articles are in it?

I'm a subscriber to Spotlight. their number is 845-243-0006. They sell it in the groceries too, though not really sure where (I'm from New York). it's great, my kids love it, and is sold separately as a kids magazine.

It has short stories, activities, trivia, comics, contests... it's a jewish version for the highlights.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children