Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Creating a business website

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Jan 11 2016, 10:47 am
Just wondering if there are people out there that created their own website and actually earned money. I know this might take some time, but I'm willing to take the chance. I'm not sure yet, what kind of website I could create and I know there are billions of websites out there. I'm a stay at home mom and I REALLY want to help my husband financially so we could move out of this 1 bedroom tiny apartment.

amother
Lemon

Post Mon, Jan 11 2016, 10:50 am
Of course it can work ... but the big question is -- what will you sell???

amother
Linen

Post Mon, Jan 11 2016, 11:17 am
amother wrote:
Of course it can work ... but the big question is -- what will you sell???

I need to do more research. I want it to be something for families..specifically for moms and kids. Like I said, I don't have a clear idea yet. I was thinking maybe to start a blog first.

tigerwife

Post Mon, Jan 11 2016, 12:05 pm
Do you mean an e-commerce site?
Can you start off with Etsy, Amazon or EBay?
You can launch a free blog with Wordpress.com or blogspot.com, and then link you blog to your Etsy page, for example.

You can also reserve a domain name through godaddy.com. You can get a nice, professional-looking template there for as little as $1 per month the first year (the name will cost probably starting at $12+).

Eventually, when you sell loads off etsy and rake it in, you can hire someone to build your godaddy template into a nice e-commerce site, and stop paying a percentage of your sales to Etsy.

Good luck, OP!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers