Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
How cool is this

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Jan 14 2016, 1:24 am
http://www.dafyomi4women.org/daf/

Just came across this

Need to check it out

tweety1

Post Thu, Jan 14 2016, 1:46 am
Cool?! That belongs in the "men's only" section.

amother
Ecru

Post Thu, Jan 14 2016, 2:41 am
what a waste of time. Learning Torah is not a mitzva for woman!

5mom

Post Thu, Jan 14 2016, 2:56 am
amother wrote:

It may not be a mitzvah for women, but how on earth is dvar Hashem a waste of time???? What a horrible thing to say.

ETA: if this was sarcastic, I apologize for missing the point.

Last edited by 5mom on Thu, Jan 14 2016, 3:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Sadie

Post Thu, Jan 14 2016, 2:59 am
Are these responses jokes that I'm not getting?

Yeah what a waste of time for women to understand gittin.. Gittin has no application to women's real lives... (Do I have to clarify that that's sarcasm??)

vicki

Post Thu, Jan 14 2016, 3:07 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
http://www.dafyomi4women.org/daf/

Just came across this

Need to check it out

Very cool.

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Jan 14 2016, 10:26 am
amother wrote:

I hope you are joking Puke

greenfire

Post Sun, Jan 17 2016, 1:08 am
knowledge is power ... definitely kool Thumbs Up Study

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jan 17 2016, 1:20 am
amother wrote:
And you have never learned any torah in your life time? There are women who enjoy learning gemara. What could possibly be wrong with that?
Not everything that one does is because it is a mitzvah. Sometimes you can do things leshma and for no other reason.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sun, Jan 17 2016, 1:21 am
tweety1 wrote:
Cool?! That belongs in the "men's only" section.
Why ever for? Women are allowed to learn gemara too.

trixx

Post Sun, Jan 17 2016, 1:25 am
amother wrote:

...says the coward who says something ridiculously stupid (and blatantly false) and can't even say it in her own name

imasoftov

Post Sun, Jan 17 2016, 5:12 am
This is the blog of an artist who is studying daf yomi and posts a sketch that she draws after each daf.

http://drawyomi.blogspot.co.il/

mille

Post Sun, Jan 17 2016, 9:40 am
imasoftov wrote:
This is the blog of an artist who is studying daf yomi and posts a sketch that she draws after each daf.

http://drawyomi.blogspot.co.il/

Ok this is also super cool!

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Jan 17 2016, 10:56 am
I would venture to say that a large percentage of women are too busy with children and other household responsibilities to keep up with a daily daf. Or not disciplined enough, like me.

I tried starting shortly after the last cycle began. I listened to the shiurim for the entire Brachos while doing other things(in the kitchen, in the car), but didn't feel I retained enough.

So for Shabbos I started listening while taking notes. (Then DH found out. First he kind of flipped but now he's ok with it. We're mainstream Yeshivish.)

I am now almost finished Shabbos with 900 pages of notes (I am a mean note-taker. I also write most of the Maharsha on Aggadeta and write over all the Rashis and many Tosfos even if not covered in the shiur.)

DH is encouraging me to do something short so I can finish sooner. I am not sure what I will do next.

I also learned parsha with Rashi but this year was too hectic so I just did parsha. And I listen to a lot of parsha shiurim. And I also waste a lot of time on the Internet, which I am trying not to do.

So anyhow, what I'm saying, I guess, is that learning is a very good thing to do, and everyone has to find what appeals to them and can fit into their schedule. So I think women learning daf yomi will still be unusual, but there was a group that made a siyum, someone can probably link to it.

Also, I am sorry to say this, but I would rather listen to someone who has years of Gemara learning than a lady whose qualifications I am not sure about.

Raisin

Post Sun, Jan 17 2016, 11:05 am
I'm sure its a better use of time then listening to radio or watching tv.

Chabad shitta is that women are allowed to learn gemara. We learnt small amounts in seminary.

I've used sources from gemara in teaching a shuir to women. Everyone really enjoyed it, I think. I did.

grace413

Post Sun, Jan 17 2016, 11:09 am
Orchid, Kol Hakavod to you.

Volunteer

Post Sun, Jan 17 2016, 3:25 pm
Wow, this is great! I'm overjoyed to know that women are getting involved with dafyomi. I finished one complete cycle before I was married. I think I gained a great appreciation for our mesorah and where halacha comes from, and I learned about many topics I would'nt otherwise know about.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions