Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Homemade yogurt redipe

livinginflatbus

Post Sun, Jan 17 2016, 9:58 am
I recently got a great recipe for homemade yogurt that is quick and delicious with no special equipment. If your interested please request and I will post it

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Jan 17 2016, 12:30 pm
I would be interested is something simple that does not require special equipment.

livinginflatbus

Post Sun, Jan 17 2016, 12:40 pm
You boil up a half gallon of whole milk when it cools to lukewarm u add in around a quarter cup plain Greek yogurt. Stir gently but thoroughly . Cover with a towel for about 20 hours and voila smooth creamy yogurt . Flavor as you wish

amother
Papaya

Post Sun, Jan 17 2016, 12:46 pm
livinginflatbus wrote:
You boil up a half gallon of whole milk when it cools to lukewarm u add in around a quarter cup plain Greek yogurt. Stir gently but thoroughly . Cover with a towel for about 20 hours and voila smooth creamy yogurt . Flavor as you wish

It's not watery? I find it needs to sit in a warm place for a day. And I don't have that perfect temperature warm place leave it without equipment so I was hoping you had a solution.

livinginflatbus

Post Sun, Jan 17 2016, 1:01 pm
I cover it with a big bath towel so it keeps it warm

AlwaysThinking

Post Sun, Jan 17 2016, 1:36 pm
I wrap mine in a towel and stuff it in the microwave over night. The microwave is off, obviously.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen