Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
DH graduating

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 11:30 pm
After some very very stressful years DH has earned his bachelor's degree. Which doesn't really do anything for him yet so that means there are going to be more very very stressful years ahead, as well as no increase in income to cover this gift. But it is still a big milestone that deserves something.

He's the kind of person who would just buy himself whatever he wants.
He doesn't have any particular interests that would lead to a gift suggestion.
He likes to read a lot but like I said he would just buy himself or get from the library whatever books he wants. And a gift card to anything would be totally meaningless since we share our bank account already anyway.

I think he would really want something very very s-xy but I find that hard to provide. I'm working a really loaded schedule, always under pressure, can't afford time off. And my budget for this gift is ideally less than what a romantic hotel stay would be, even if I could find a way to lose the kids for a couple of days. Plus my cycle has been a little unpredictable so I' nervous about booking something and then not being able to enjoy it. And he is very hard to please so if I miss some detail that he wanted then he gets annoyed and then I get annoyed that he's annoyed instead of appreciating whatever I did do. So even though I know this is the kind of "gift" he'd really appreciate, I'm not so inclined to go with it at this time. But I would need to come up with something else great instead.

Help.

greenfire

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 11:39 pm
Zexy doesn't have to mean hotel. You could have a romantic picnic in your bedroom. Set it up with a table cloth on the floor. Wicker basket with goodies: I.e. moscato bubbly wine, strawberries dipped in chocolate, some of his favorite things & yours. Aromatic candles could be lit.

The great thing about this idea is that you can slowly get these things together & surprise him on a day that you know is good for nidda wise.

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Jan 21 2016, 12:27 am
Our bedroom is only slightly bigger than our beds and has a baby sleeping in it (there's no room to put the baby anywhere else. Living on a student budget is no picnic.)

I don't even know whether he has the patience for romance. I wouldn't mind some but he wants very specific things, all physical, and most of which are not really enjoyable for me. So I do a little here or there but he's always disappointed that I don't do everything every time. And I don't know if I can bring myself to do that just as a gift for him. It would be 1000x easier if he were the kind of guy who would appreciate a calendar with pictures of the family or something like that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics