Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
S/o separate bedrooms: what type of beds do you have?
Previous  1  2

allthingsblue

Post Fri, Jan 22 2016, 8:33 am
amother wrote:
King, and a twin which is set up as a daybed. The twin only gets used every 3 months or so. DH sleeps there. I bought the same mattress (a very good one) for the daybed as the king so he doesn't sacrifice comfort.

What is a daybed? This sounds like it might be a good idea for us

amother
Green

Post Fri, Jan 22 2016, 8:42 am
Queen and twin daybed. Both are the same super comfortable mattresses in different sizes. Husband gets the twin-his choice Smile

Eta: I would love to upgrade to king. Our daughter usually ends up with us in the middle of the night and she sleeps like a starfish.

amother
Gold

Post Fri, Jan 22 2016, 8:49 am
2 doubles. I experiment with having them apart and together. we both sleep better in our own beds but we normally spend time together in one bed each night.

amother
Powderblue

Post Fri, Jan 22 2016, 9:44 am
allthingsblue wrote:
What is a daybed? This sounds like it might be a good idea for us

Example of a daybed:

It's a twin (usually) bed that can be set up like a couch. Ours is always set up like a couch during the day. Even when DH sleeps there at night one of us sets up the throw pillows again in the morning. Our kids don't come into our room are night anymore so during the day the room always looks the same. It's never "obvious".
The daybed is against one wall of our room and the larger bed is in the middle. We're definitely not the only ones with this setup as DH saw it at a friend's house when he was a kid.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Fri, Jan 22 2016, 9:53 am
I have two full size beds

I had a hysterectomy and when my bed dies I would like to get a king size bed. I was thinking of getting a couch chair that pulls out into a twin size bed for Tisha B'Av and Yom Kippur. What do you think of that idea?

My mattresses are 6 years old and now we only use one so I am guessing it will be a long wait (when one mattress goes bad we have the other). Many of my kids room can fit to full size beds plus a crib so maybe I will move the mattresses into a Kids room so when they are married they can be comfortable.

amother
Lime

Post Fri, Jan 22 2016, 9:57 am
2 Full beds

Ruchel

Post Fri, Jan 22 2016, 10:31 am
When we got married we pushed two single/unmarried person/one person beds together or apart depending on need. Just make sure they're the same height.
Later we splurged on a huge, custom couple bed that separates. It's a treat BUT very annoying to get sheets.

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Jan 22 2016, 10:58 am
2 44' beds

allthingsblue

Post Fri, Jan 22 2016, 11:02 am
amother wrote:
Example of a daybed:

It's a twin (usually) bed that can be set up like a couch. Ours is always set up like a couch during the day. Even when DH sleeps there at night one of us sets up the throw pillows again in the morning. Our kids don't come into our room are night anymore so during the day the room always looks the same. It's never "obvious".
The daybed is against one wall of our room and the larger bed is in the middle. We're definitely not the only ones with this setup as DH saw it at a friend's house when he was a kid.

Wow that's a perfect compromise for us! Are day beds comfy? I wouldn't mind being to one to sleep on it when I'm a Niddah but since I will be nursing babies iy"H in the future, it's not so practical for me to be the one to sleep in it. Dh would only agree to sleep in a daybed if it's really comfy.

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Jan 22 2016, 11:06 am
I'm amazed at how many of you can comfortably share a bed. I have no problem sharing a room with DH, but neither of us can sleep well if we share a bed. We both toss and turn a lot and need our space.

We have twin beds mostly pushed together. Next time we buy beds I'm going to spring for full ones though.

We use DH's bed for intimacy because he doesn't mind a temporary wet spot and the children mostly end up in my bed. When we're done cuddling we get up to clean ourselves up and then go to sleep in our individual beds.

amother
Lemon

Post Fri, Jan 22 2016, 1:52 pm
amother wrote:
2 twin, and I have no problem sleeping with him when not niddah so when I'm clean my bed stays empty

How do u both fit on one twin together??? I have one queen and during niddah we alternate who goes to couch (long story- we started out w 2 queens but stuff happened and ended up w one and pregnant and nursing for years so there was no need for an other) but even in one queen I feel crowded I can't imagine how u guys sleep together in one twin.
Ideally I want an other queen again when we move and the room can accommodate two BH

amother
Aubergine

Post Fri, Jan 22 2016, 2:31 pm
2 twins together is a king so we have king size bedding over both beds and when in Nidia use other linen. I always hoped for bigger beds when we got a house but in the end I have a smallish room so I have to stick to my twins for now.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics