Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Leaving your car in airport

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 12:52 pm
anyone did this? is it safe? what was your experience? tips and advice appreciated.

gibberish

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 1:03 pm
Sure, I've done it several times. Most airports have off site parking where you can leave your car and then take a shuttle to the airport. This is usually cheaper than parking at the airport itself.

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 1:05 pm
thanks Gibberish. is there a charge for this? did you find your car in same condition you left it?

HonesttoGod

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 1:06 pm
We have a friend that travels every week from Monday to Wednesday/Thursday. He leaves his car in the long term parking lot each week and takes a shuttle. He never had any issues.

gibberish

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 1:11 pm
amother wrote:
thanks Gibberish. is there a charge for this? did you find your car in same condition you left it?

Yes, there is a fee. Shop around online for the cheapest parking for your airport. I never had an issue when I picked up the car.

doctorima

Post Thu, Jan 28 2016, 1:58 pm
There definitely is a fee, though it's much less than parking in short-term airport parking. Depending on the airport you can often find a deal through Groupon or Living Social to get it even cheaper. Also, many airports have even farther off-site airports (around a mile away) that are even cheaper, and have their own shuttles that bring you back-and-forth. We've successfully used one, but they vary a lot by price and quality of security, so Google for reviews.

shanie5

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 10:34 pm
I googled "parking (name of airport). There were lots of nearby hotels that offered parking and shuttle service. It was a lot less expensive than the actual airport parking.

Bsimcha

Post Mon, Feb 01 2016, 10:43 pm
I've done it, I looked for a coupon, groupon, living social etc and then google the place to see reviews. I also take pictures of the car in front of the people who work there to document the condition. I also note mileage in front of them to show I know everything that there is to know about the car.

amother
White

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 12:02 am
Good idea to note mileage and gas levels, look up reviews online to make sure they're trustworthy.
Btw, my mother and I once parked in long term parking, came back late at night and the engine was dead. The car repair ppl told us a lot of times the low flying planes set off a car's alarm and if you're not there to shut it off, the battery burns out.
Bh never had it before or after, but keep it in mind.

Anon bec a lot of ppl know my story
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics