Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Need help from London imamothers
Previous  1  2

Ruchi

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 1:37 pm
The nearest eatery to the Stadium is Cremeyo and it is a mere few minutes walking distance from Manor House Tube Station. all details and prices can be found here: http://www.just-eat.co.uk/rest...../menu

etky

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 1:49 pm
Well, I've gotten very hungry reading all these new responses.
Everything sounds amazing!
Thanks for all the details. I will pass it on.
The game apparently only starts at 8.
Until what time are these eateries/establishments open?

Ruchi

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 1:52 pm
Cremeyo opening hours are:
Opening hours

Monday 10:00 - 22:00
Tuesday 10:00 - 22:00
Wednesday10:00 - 22:00
Thursday 10:00 - 22:00
Friday Closed
Saturday Closed
Sunday 10:00 - 22:00

Ruchi

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 1:55 pm
Grodzinksi:

STAMFORD HILL
170 Clapton Common, London E5 9AG
Telephone: 020 8211 8108
E-mail: clapton@grodzinski.co.uk

Opening Hours
Sunday - Thursday: 7.00am - 1.00am
Friday: 7.00am until 30 minutes before Shabbat

Ruchi

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 1:57 pm
Anshy's & Kadimah are open until around 10pm

etky

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 1:58 pm
Thank you so much!

amother
Linen

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 3:21 pm
etky wrote:
Thanks everyone. Your posts have been very helpful.
My friends have decided to stay in Golder's Green and are deliberating between the Croft Court Hotel and the King Solomon. The Pillar is a bit pricey for them.
Anyone have any input about either or any other suggestions?

The King Solomon is not so nice..its used more for teenagers that come from abroad on bus excursions and aren't too fussed. It usually comes up as one of the cheapest hotels when you search online for hotels in London and there's a reason for that..

I haven't heard anything about Croft Court Hotel so can't comment.

There are many small hotels down Golders Green Road maybe they could Google for reviews.

There is also Yamor Suites on GG Rd but may be expensive.

Also look for The Pillar on comparison websites as may come up cheaper than booking direct. It is a really nice boutiquey hotel.

My 18yo brother goes to most Arsenal games (except shabbos) but he goes with a group of friends and they share a minicab. Never had any problems and as others have said there is a big police presence on match days.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 4:24 pm
Croft court hotel is actually very nice and very clean. It's just off Golders Green Road and right nearby the king Solomon hotel which is a bit grubby by contrast.

As for any eateries on Stamford Hill: there is a local Jewish cab service running until 2am and they also run services in Golders Green from £4 a journey and they could collect the couple from the stadium and bring them directly to their eatery of choice for around £8. The taxi service is called emmes and the number is 0208 809 4444
If they were to eat at any restaurant in Stamford Hill Parkside is the only proper milky sit down and Kadima the only proper meaty sit down. All the others are mainly take aways

etky

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 4:48 pm
amother wrote:
The King Solomon is not so nice..its used more for teenagers that come from abroad on bus excursions and aren't too fussed. It usually comes up as one of the cheapest hotels when you search online for hotels in London and there's a reason for that..

I haven't heard anything about Croft Court Hotel so can't comment.

There are many small hotels down Golders Green Road maybe they could Google for reviews.

There is also Yamor Suites on GG Rd but may be expensive.

Also look for The Pillar on comparison websites as may come up cheaper than booking direct. It is a really nice boutiquey hotel.

My 18yo brother goes to most Arsenal games (except shabbos) but he goes with a group of friends and they share a minicab. Never had any problems and as others have said there is a big police presence on match days.

Actually I've been reading up on places on tripadvisor - my friend's English isn't great so I'm doing the legwork for her. I did get the distinct impression that it was a bit run down and maybe not so fastidious. She wanted to book it because it was cheap but I steered her away from it.
It's reassuring to hear that going to a match might not be as problematic as my friend had imagined.
Mauve amother, thanks for the cab numbers and the tip about the restaurants.
All this information has been truly invaluable.

Mrs Bissli

Post Tue, Feb 02 2016, 6:34 pm
What! ? OP, did you say your friend's son actually doesn't have a ticket to Arsenal match? It'll be VERY difficult trying to secure a ticket for home fixture at this point.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 12:25 am
At Pizza Uri, Kadimah and Anshy's you CAN sit down to eat, There is a proper established seating area.
Especially on Sunday's, Pizza Uri is very busy with families eating-in.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 12:28 am
amother wrote:
Croft court hotel is actually very nice and very clean. It's just off Golders Green Road and right nearby the king Solomon hotel which is a bit grubby by contrast.

As for any eateries on Stamford Hill: there is a local Jewish cab service running until 2am and they also run services in Golders Green from £4 a journey and they could collect the couple from the stadium and bring them directly to their eatery of choice for around £8. The taxi service is called emmes and the number is 0208 809 4444
If they were to eat at any restaurant in Stamford Hill Parkside is the only proper milky sit down and Kadima the only proper meaty sit down. All the others are mainly take aways

Emess Car Service is more expensive though they do provide an efficient and very reliable service. There is also Simcha Cars 020 8802-1515 and they are cheaper by a £1 for local trips.

etky

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 12:39 am
Mrs Bissli wrote:
What! ? OP, did you say your friend's son actually doesn't have a ticket to Arsenal match? It'll be VERY difficult trying to secure a ticket for home fixture at this point.

So it seems. This is what she told me the other day when I was passing on the info I have learned here.
No wonder the ticket price she told me was, shockingly, just about equal to half the airfare from here to London Confused
That is why her son was planning to go alone into the game. Originally his father was going to accompany him but the cost of two tickets was prohibitive.
Well, this kid is a wheeler dealer type with all kinds of connections over the internet and if anyone can get his hands on a ticket it is him.
OTOH if he is indeed unsuccessful and has to make do with a visit to the Arsenal museum and stadium tour he will be devastated. The match was really the raison d'etre for the trip....

etky

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 12:41 am
Thanks Blush amother.
It remains to be seen now if the kid will actually be going to the game at all...
Though of course they still might need car service for other trips and for sure any food info is always relevant Smile

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 12:46 am
etky wrote:
Thanks Blush amother.
It remains to be seen now if the kid will actually be going to the game at all...
Though of course they still might need car service for other trips and for sure any food info is always relevant Smile

That's a pity that they booked airline tickets before the match tickets...... Sad Sad

etky

Post Wed, Feb 03 2016, 1:04 am
amother wrote:
That's a pity that they booked airline tickets before the match tickets...... Sad Sad

Yes. Well, there is a price for everything - including spontaneity.
When you do things last minute you sometimes have to compromise Sad .
I'll speak to her soon and see where things stand re the ticket.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics