Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Toms river
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 2:24 pm
Was that a reply to my above question? By "modern" do you mean working?

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 2:30 pm
yes. Talymawr estates is more working with-it crowd. not chassidish. its near faraday and cross streets

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 2:38 pm
Thanks. We are a working litvish/yeshivish family. We don't consider ourselves modern or very "with-it." But we earn a living and we can afford a 600k house. Is tallymawr yay or nay?

amother
cornflower

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 3:06 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks. We are a working litvish/yeshivish family. We don't consider ourselves modern or very "with-it." But we earn a living and we can afford a 600k house. Is tallymawr yay or nay?

I know very little about Toms Rivers but if some - just some - of the people living there equate Yeshivshe with being not "with it" and you consider yourself Yeshivshe then don't move there.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 3:14 pm
Where do working yeshiva type families live? With it, not with it , whatever !! I'm just normal !!

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 4:11 pm
Jackson!

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 4:26 pm
I thought Jackson was more yeshivish.. as in non-working. Also aren't the houses much smaller ? We are hungry for space. Coming from Brooklyn.

saraby

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 4:33 pm
There are different areas in jackson. Some have bigger houses, like meadow run ct, Bridgewater ct, the pitney / Danielle area. I don't think any of these areas are super yeshivish. Plenty of working people.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Nov 10 2016, 8:53 pm
Khaki, near the border but still in Lakewood off NH there are a lot of working yeshivish families. And some who aren't yeshivish. It's pretty nice there. But the houses aren't like Toms River.

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 10:05 am
What about busing to the schools in Lakewood?

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 10:30 am
Thank you saraby and bronze for your helpful responses!

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 10:37 am
Near the border New Hampshire has a new development of very chasidish people moving there. Aside from that there are yeshivish and just litvish people living there's too. It's not Tomsk river houses but there are quite a few for sale. Call a broker but definitely not Toms River type. It's a lot simpler.

Jackson doesn't have too many yeshivish type. Houses are smaller I think. It's more working litvish.

amother
Brown

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 10:41 am
Khaki, check out "the voice" newspaper to see what the houses are like. In both areas.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 10:51 am
I heard abt the voice , but I'm in Bklyn and it doesn't look like it's online. Also I think I need to know the right area first, before looking at types of houses. I would love a mix too, just don't want to be the outsider ( I.e the only working family, the only Litvish, the only non fancy ... ) ,that's all.

amother
Denim

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 1:43 pm
amother wrote:
I heard abt the voice , but I'm in Bklyn and it doesn't look like it's online. Also I think I need to know the right area first, before looking at types of houses. I would love a mix too, just don't want to be the outsider ( I.e the only working family, the only Litvish, the only non fancy ... ) ,that's all.

I would look into the Westlake, Calendula area of Jackson. Its more yeshivish/normal, working types with 600k houses.

amother
Bronze

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 3:22 pm
amother wrote:

Sounds like if you're willing to sacrifice on square feet you might consider NH near Belz vs. Toms River. Busing and services shouldn't be a problem.

L K

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 4:09 pm
How big do you want a house to be?
When saying you can afford a 600k house, are you taking into account taxes going forward?

amother
Coral

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 7:20 pm

amother
Blonde

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 7:30 pm
I can text or email you pics of some of the real estate listings if you have no family in Lakewood to get it from. Let me know.

amother
Blush

Post Sun, Nov 13 2016, 7:42 pm
Google voice of Lakewood their magazines are online so you can check out the real estate listings.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating