Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
2 big meals or 3 small meals

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Feb 25 2016, 10:40 am
Which one is better for a diet? 2 would be brunch and an early supper and 3 is obvious.

amazingmommy

Post Thu, Feb 25 2016, 10:48 am

gp2.0

Post Thu, Feb 25 2016, 10:49 am
Neither, I'd go with 4 or 5.

Faigy86

Post Thu, Feb 25 2016, 10:52 am
Why would you want to have 2 big meals? Assuming it is just because you can work with more calories at a time and not feel as limited...
Can you make it until brunch without feeling light-headed, and not nibble all night, or will you find yourself just having something quick until brunch and after dinner? Most people find that their bodies need substantial fuel more than just twice a day, so some meal plans will even recommend 5 small meals a day. My opinion is that as long as your meal plan allows both, do what works best for you. (If you want to treat yourself to a bagel and cream cheese and lox - enough WW points for 2 meals one day, go ahead and have your two meals a day) But over-all, listen to your body, it knows what it needs.

amother
Indigo

Post Thu, Feb 25 2016, 10:59 am
Faigy86 wrote:

But over-all, listen to your body, it knows what it needs.

Just a side note, not every body can listen to their body like that, a food addict does not have that luxury..

Faigy86

Post Thu, Feb 25 2016, 11:00 am
amother wrote:
Just a side note, not every body can listen to their body like that, a food addict does not have that luxury..

True.

chani8

Post Thu, Feb 25 2016, 11:23 am
I do brunch, snacks and early dinner. Or brunch, lunch, and snacks. Depending on my plans. It's helpful to plan the whole day out so you know how to pace yourself. If you know you're going to want popcorn, make that your 'dinner', for example. Eating three meals and snacks is often too many calories.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Thu, Feb 25 2016, 5:20 pm
I eat a small breakfast and lunch and dinner, then a snack in the evening. I'm on weightwatchers so if I am hungry in between meals I snack on fruit or veggies.

Sometimes I'm tempted to skip breakfast and eat a bigger lunch but I'm hungry in the morning.

I often skip carbs at lunch or supper so I can eat a snack as well.

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Feb 25 2016, 6:30 pm
I find that once I start, I can't stop. Everytime I have a small meal, I'm hungry before the next meal and a small snack is never enough except in the morning. But if I had big meals, I'd still want a snack between because there's so much time in between especially lunch and supper. I can't have three big meals because I really need to lose a lot of weight. I figured if I had two big meals, around 10 and 3 and small snacks in between I should be good or 3 small meals with small snacks. My biggest problem is too much time on my hands. Please don't tell me to keep busy. I need to take care of a menu plan first. Can I switch day by day or is that bad for the body? What I'm asking is if any is better for the body than the other or it only makes a difference for my body or my capabilities?

chani8

Post Fri, Feb 26 2016, 6:46 am
What does matter is what you eat. Carbs are digested quickly and spike blood sugar and then when the blood sugar drops, one gets super hungry.

Have you considered trying a diet plan? Calorie counting or weight watchers or Atkins? If you have time on your hands, I recommend calorie counting at myfitnesspal.com.

cbg

Post Fri, Feb 26 2016, 7:49 am
I don't know if this is true or not,
But I recently heard eating 5-6 smaller meals throughout the day is counter productive to weight loss.
Reason, it has to do with insulin production and growth hormone, and something with the liver doing the pancreas's job, when you are eating. When you eat you produce more insulin (fat storage hormone), in between meals you produce growth hormone (fat burning hormone)

IMO, it depends on how early you can sit down to eat something.
I'm ready for breakfast at 6:30-7:00. No way can I wait till 10:30-11:00 if I'm up by 5:45-6:00, but have no kids at home. On a rare day that I get up later, 8:00-8:30, maybe brunch, light lunch, dinner.
I also eat dinner early, before 6pm.

amother
Papaya

Post Fri, Feb 26 2016, 8:00 am
chani8 wrote:
What does matter is what you eat. Carbs are digested quickly and spike blood sugar and then when the blood sugar drops, one gets super hungry.

Have you considered trying a diet plan? Calorie counting or weight watchers or Atkins? If you have time on your hands, I recommend calorie counting at myfitnesspal.com.

So true,
For me, I don't get hungry when I am in ketosis. I also don't get as much fatigue, or dizzy spells, and my blood sugar is more stable (I check often through out the day). But this is me, and I am chronically hypoglycemic. I try to keep to a grey sheet food plan, even though I don't do the steps or sponsor (I'd probably be more successful if I did).
When I do get hungry, it's either I missed a meal, because I was very busy and didn't notice the time, OR, there were hidden sugars/carbs in my meal.
Like a sauce having flour, and I didn't realize.
Ketosis is not for everyone, this is what works for me.

LOL My color is PAPAYA😀

amother
Mint

Post Fri, Feb 26 2016, 8:06 am
see which works best for you

amother
Black

Post Fri, Feb 26 2016, 2:59 pm
personally I did best with 3 meals and 2 snacks. otherwise I got too hungry in between.

Ruchel

Post Sat, Feb 27 2016, 4:07 pm
They used to say no eating after 8.
Then they said snack along the day.
Then they said 4/5 small meals.
Now it's all about eating when you're hungry.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise