Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Boys school in RBS please help

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Mar 08 2016, 1:28 am
Please, please help me find a cheder/school for my son in RBS.

What are the differences between DN, MA, Torahs Moshe etc.?

We are chareidi but not Israeli style. We value secular education, hubby is working etc.

Please urgent

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Mar 08 2016, 3:01 am
Have you had a look for old threads for those schools? There's quite a few on here.

We just decided on a school for our son, and our choice was between DN, TM and MA. In short, darchei noam is a very american, yeshivish school, with a lot of emphasis on academic ability and on middos. Great secular, great kodesh, half the boys go on to yeshiva high school (usually the top ones) and half to yeshiva katana. Toras moshe is more of a cheder, they also do secular but not as much. Pretty anglo but not anglo as darchei noam (which is 100%) seems to be a very warm school with a particularly great gan. Magen avot is a more established school with a large premises and school building (dn and tm are in caravans) also do half kodesh, half chol and boys go either way. Not as anglo as dn.

I know parents in all 3 schools and they're all very happy. I recommend going to visit each school, speaking to the menahel and getting a feel for the school. That alone can make all the difference.

Hatzlocha!

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Mar 08 2016, 4:15 am
amother wrote:
Have you had a look for old threads for those schools? There's quite a few on here.

We just decided on a school for our son, and our choice was between DN, TM and MA. In short, darchei noam is a very american, yeshivish school, with a lot of emphasis on academic ability and on middos. Great secular, great kodesh, half the boys go on to yeshiva high school (usually the top ones) and half to yeshiva katana. Toras moshe is more of a cheder, they also do secular but not as much. Pretty anglo but not anglo as darchei noam (which is 100%) seems to be a very warm school with a particularly great gan. Magen avot is a more established school with a large premises and school building (dn and tm are in caravans) also do half kodesh, half chol and boys go either way. Not as anglo as dn.

I know parents in all 3 schools and they're all very happy. I recommend going to visit each school, speaking to the menahel and getting a feel for the school. That alone can make all the difference.

Hatzlocha!

Yes I did look into old threads but still confused! You were very helpful thank you!!! Which one did you choose?

amother
Navy

Post Tue, Mar 08 2016, 4:17 am
Magen avot. But it wasn't an easy choice!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions