Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
What to make for the seuda?

chouli

Post Tue, Mar 08 2016, 9:56 am
We are hosting the purim seuda, two other families are coming, and probably a few people will drop by...
What can I serve as a main dish, that is easy to prepare in advance, can be reheated easily (on the plata?) and the leftovers can be served for shabbes?

Any ideas?

heidi

Post Tue, Mar 08 2016, 9:58 am
Don't the other two families contribute?
We do seuda with three other families every year.
Host provides the paper goods and drinks and challah.
The three other families split up the menu.
We're not big believers in first courses.
Usually roast or meatballs, chicken stir fry etx.

mha3484

Post Tue, Mar 08 2016, 10:03 am
I have done bbq rubbed crockpot chicken and bbq baked salami . This year I want to make lachmajine and maybe a chicken dish. We do pot luck also but it works out for me to make the main.

chouli

Post Wed, Mar 09 2016, 2:54 am
Thanks for your answers...
No, the others won't bring part of the meal, although they will probably send mm which may be used at the seuda....
We often make the seuda together, mostly by us. One year the other family bought the meat, or they brought some salads. This year its all on me (for different reasons)
A chicken stir fry sounds good, not too heavy. But won't it get dry if I keep it on the plata?
Any other chicken ideas?

chouli

Post Wed, Mar 09 2016, 2:56 am
what is bbq rubbed chicken?

heidi

Post Wed, Mar 09 2016, 4:38 am
Why would you keep the chicken stir fry on the plata? Make it even the day before and keep it in the frying pan and heat it on low before serving, or transfer to a pan and heat covered in the oven at 250 for about 45 min. before serving

chouli

Post Wed, Mar 09 2016, 5:16 am
Since we are having so many guests, plus kids running around, plus poeople coming and going to drop of mm, I don't want to have to spend more than the time to transfer the food from one vessel to another in the kitchen. I want to be with my guests, and not heating food in the kitchen...

shevi82

Post Wed, Mar 09 2016, 6:20 am
We are also have lots of people including alot of children. So for the main course I will make a nice big roast for adults and Schnitzels (breaded) for children and adults. Which I will make in advance and freeze.
We will be having a first course and side dishes as well, not sure what it will be yet.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics