Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Low imamother member post counts
Previous  1  2  3

believeit

Post Tue, Mar 15 2016, 7:28 pm
English is my 4th language. Plus I just like to read when I'm bored or when I am not but am procrastinating....

gande

Post Tue, Mar 15 2016, 10:38 pm
It's interesting to see that I'm not the only one who doesn't post as much as I would want to because of spelling and grammar insecurities. However, I usually do post when someone asks for an opinion or a referral about something or someone I am famiar with.

penguin

Post Wed, Mar 16 2016, 10:40 pm
Well, this is maybe a spinoff but I was just thinking. As we've learned that amother posts count in your total, you could totally stalk someone.

Let's say you notice that Penguin is in a posting mood this evening, and you see, in new posts, that Penguin has just been the last poster on 4 out of the last 8 threads. (Penguin sometimes becomes prolific..)

And you wonder if she's also amother on the other 4.

So you check her number of posts in last post she wrote, let's say it's now 5938. And then you watch carefully. If the next post is by amother, you go click on Penguin and now she has 5939! Aha! So she was the last amother.

Unless, of course, she posted in a closed forum of which you are not a member. That could be. Okay, so this possible method of stalking would be somewhat non-conclusive.

And let us hope, anyhow, that most of us have a life and would not invest the time needed for such a project. But really, you never know how bored someone might get...

allthingsblue

Post Wed, Mar 16 2016, 10:54 pm
penguin wrote:
Well, this is maybe a spinoff but I was just thinking. As we've learned that amother posts count in your total, you could totally stalk someone.

Let's say you notice that Penguin is in a posting mood this evening, and you see, in new posts, that Penguin has just been the last poster on 4 out of the last 8 threads. (Penguin sometimes becomes prolific..)

And you wonder if she's also amother on the other 4.

So you check her number of posts in last post she wrote, let's say it's now 5938. And then you watch carefully. If the next post is by amother, you go click on Penguin and now she has 5939! Aha! So she was the last amother.

Unless, of course, she posted in a closed forum of which you are not a member. That could be. Okay, so this possible method of stalking would be somewhat non-conclusive.

And let us hope, anyhow, that most of us have a life and would not invest the time needed for such a project. But really, you never know how bored someone might get...

LOL you'd have to be crazy to do that (or seriously bored). And during busy posting times, it wouldn't be possible because chances are a few amothers have posted almost at once. But hey, if you want to stalk my amother posts, go ahead!

JoyInTheMorning

Post Thu, Mar 17 2016, 5:19 am
PinkFridge, when I'm reading, I have exactly the opposite question. How can some posters have so much time to post? Don't they work? Come home exhausted and have to cook and help kids with homework and do laundry? I'm especially amazed when I see people posting a lot on Friday. Friday? it's a down-to-the-wire race every Friday afternoon.

I guess I'm just less productive than others, which is why I post so little. (I also post at another mommy board --- you wouldn't know what it is; I am the only Orthodox Jew --- but I don't post there much either.)

JoyInTheMorning

Post Thu, Mar 17 2016, 5:22 am
Wow, PF, I looked at your post count. You are 43 times as productive as I am!! Smile And you joined a few months later than I did, so actually more than 43 times as productive!

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Mar 17 2016, 9:22 am
STMommy wrote:

Every year when I clap ashamnu (ya'atznu ra) and al chet I think of imamother.

Me too. And not just for ya'atznu ra.

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Mar 17 2016, 9:24 am
sequoia wrote:
What's next after ivory?

You'll just have to invest more time here if it's that important to you ;-)

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Mar 17 2016, 9:28 am
JoyInTheMorning wrote:
PinkFridge, when I'm reading, I have exactly the opposite question. How can some posters have so much time to post? Don't they work? Come home exhausted and have to cook and help kids with homework and do laundry? I'm especially amazed when I see people posting a lot on Friday. Friday? it's a down-to-the-wire race every Friday afternoon.

I guess I'm just less productive than others, which is why I post so little. (I also post at another mommy board --- you wouldn't know what it is; I am the only Orthodox Jew --- but I don't post there much either.)

You're absolutely right!
Here's my story. I have a flexible schedule, am on a computer, not a device (no way could I type like this on a smartphone) and type fast (thanks to my h.s. for giving us 4 years of typing). Just because I'm logged on doesn't mean I'm sitting in front of the computer, I could be at home doing all sorts of stuff meanwhile (and I mean active stuff, not "cleaning" my self clean oven). But I definitely spend too much time here, even if less than some other less active posters.

And P.S. (I'll keep my thread count down and not do a separate reply): I suspect I'm not 43 x more productive in more significant arenas of life.

penguin

Post Wed, Mar 30 2016, 6:11 pm
And I just recently realized (although of course I have seen it before, but it wasn't something my brain felt it necessary to retain) that when you click on a poster's profile it shows you her average posts per day.

So my whole spreadsheet might be called a waste of time. Except that it neatly displayed the more frequent posters who had participated in this thread, thus saving everyone the time of looking at each ones profile. But, of course, if you're really curious...

Okay, Yael & Co. Can we have the ability to sort the memberlist by heading? So those who are statistically curious can sort the list by number of posts etc? I think that would be amazing. Though, of course, not necessary, as we all enjoy the site so much anyhow.

tryinghard

Post Wed, Mar 30 2016, 7:04 pm
It's funny, I am on here basically every day, and my DH would attest to my unhealthy addiction. But I just don't feel the urge to post much. Sometimes, it's already been said. Sometimes I have no further thoughts. Sometimes I try to think out a response but it won't come out right. But I'm the opposite IRL lol, I'm a bit of a blabbermouth...

ETA: I just saw my post count and realized I technically don't fit into this category... funny thing, I thought I was in the 7-800s... but I have been posting much more the past few months than I ever did...

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Mar 31 2016, 9:11 am
penguin wrote:
And I just recently realized (although of course I have seen it before, but it wasn't something my brain felt it necessary to retain) that when you click on a poster's profile it shows you her average posts per day.

So my whole spreadsheet might be called a waste of time. Except that it neatly displayed the more frequent posters who had participated in this thread, thus saving everyone the time of looking at each ones profile. But, of course, if you're really curious...

Okay, Yael & Co. Can we have the ability to sort the memberlist by heading? So those who are statistically curious can sort the list by number of posts etc? I think that would be amazing. Though, of course, not necessary, as we all enjoy the site so much anyhow.

FTR, I'm not curious about any one poster's (and don't think I'll be able to look at mine so soon Twisted Evil ). I started this because I was more curious about the psychology behind this.

tryinghard

Post Thu, Mar 31 2016, 10:22 am
PinkFridge wrote:
FTR, I'm not curious about any one poster's (and don't think I'll be able to look at mine so soon Twisted Evil ). I started this because I was more curious about the psychology behind this.

Lol! I just statred to post something like "so do these answers give you what you were looking for?" and then thought that it was kind of a dumb question, almost closed the tab and then remembered that this was a perfect example of when I don't post LOL

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, Mar 31 2016, 4:38 pm
amother wrote:
Some of us double and triple think each post before we even think of typing it and then again and again before pressing submit because we have fragile self-esteems and can't deal with the judgement for having this or that opinion.

How disappointing a punch line. I was expecting "because we scrupulously avoid hurting another person's feelings or posting anything that isn't 1000% correct, useful, and necessary."

penguin

Post Thu, Mar 31 2016, 5:00 pm
amother wrote:
Quote:
Some of us double and triple think each post before we even think of typing it and then again and again before pressing submit because we have fragile self-esteems and can't deal with the judgement for having this or that opinion.
To which another amother wrote:
Quote:
How disappointing a punch line. I was expecting "because we scrupulously avoid hurting another person's feelings or posting anything that isn't 1000% correct, useful, and necessary."
Isn't that just indicative of whether a person is inner-focused (if according to amother1)or outer-focused (per amother2)?

PinkFridge

Post Thu, Mar 31 2016, 5:07 pm
amother wrote:

I respect both answers.
I assume that you did the same before hitting send.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics