Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Pesach Recipes
Help me- GF, no tomato, low acid and spice, no nuts, variety

amother
OP

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 10:29 pm
I need help cooking. Last chag I tried to do this and it all tasted the same. I can use products, but no tomato based sauces, and very little acid, including wine. So nothing vinegar or wine or orange or lemon based, and nothing too spicy. And I'm ok with sweet things, but not everything. Also, not coconut either.

I'd appreciate some mains, and some ways to make sides taste different from just onion, garlic, paprika or ginger. One or two things can be just grilled, but it doesn't go over well to do just simple-tasting like that. Doesn't have to be complicated to make- I would love to do a roast in a mix of tomato sauce and red wine, but I can't....

amother
Hosta

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 10:37 pm
I need to do low acid also but I can do coconut aminos which makes a big difference. I would do sauteed onions. Stuffed capons with cauliflower rice and homemade apricot sauce on top. Stewed meats and chicken meatballs like fricasee. Basically a bit more traditional- I find that the more traditional recipes from the old-school cookbooks don't have as much acid.

amother
Pansy

Post Thu, Apr 11 2024, 10:39 pm
Can you do herbs? Basil, thyme, mint, rosemary, cilantro, parsley

Peach, apricot, dates for sweeter meats and roasts. Date syrup if you can find. Apple butter works well too.

Cinnamon for sides: sweet potato or butternut squash kugels/muffins/souffle

Mushrooms if you eat those , very flavorful

I wonder if coconut aminos counts as coconut, it's made from the sap, not the fruit.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 7:52 am
Thanks. No coconut aminos, and no apricots or peaches or dates. Apples are fine.

I don't mind some traditional. But not everything! I find that all the food tasts the same, just in different shapes. I want good sauces for meat and chicken, for example.

Comptroller

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 8:25 am
amother OP wrote:
I need help cooking. Last chag I tried to do this and it all tasted the same. I can use products, but no tomato based sauces, and very little acid, including wine. So nothing vinegar or wine or orange or lemon based, and nothing too spicy. And I'm ok with sweet things, but not everything. Also, not coconut either.

I'd appreciate some mains, and some ways to make sides taste different from just onion, garlic, paprika or ginger. One or two things can be just grilled, but it doesn't go over well to do just simple-tasting like that. Doesn't have to be complicated to make- I would love to do a roast in a mix of tomato sauce and red wine, but I can't....

I think you should use a wide variety of produce. Here is a video that inspired me, maybe it will inspire you too, even if you cannot take all the suggestions as they are. But it opens up new horizons.

Comptroller

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 9:17 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks. No coconut aminos, and no apricots or peaches or dates. Apples are fine.

I don't mind some traditional. But not everything! I find that all the food tasts the same, just in different shapes. I want good sauces for meat and chicken, for example.

Maybe it would be really helpfull if you wrote out everything you cannot have right at beginning, in your question? Not just in the title. Formulate a question that contains all the information needed to write an answer.

Yes, it will take you more effort (make an effort!) but it will spare all those good people who take time out of their day to try and help you unnecessary labor.

It's not fair to have people write suggestions and nixing them afterwards for things you did not tell from the beginning. It's a disrespect of their time and effort.

giftedmom

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 10:16 am
Oil spices and suteed root veggies
I never use tomatoes or wine for meat.
Root veggies give a great and varied taste depending on what you use.

amother
Pearl

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 11:30 am
amother OP wrote:

Make a rub with sugar (brown if possible, otherwise regular granulated sugar), paprika, garlic powder, paprika, salt. Taste and make sure it packs a punch, sweet and salty all at once, like BBQ potato chips.
Heavily coat your roast with the rub. Cook low and slow.
If you want extra liquid, add some ginger ale (or even a bit of water on bottom of the pan).

Make a salad with romaine, red onion, julienned carrots, kirbies, avocado. Bright and colorful. Drizzle with a dressing made from mayo, oil, sugar and salt.

Sauté green and yellow zucchini in half moons with onion and garlic. Just a few minutes. Season super generously with coarse salt to bring out all the flavors. Love the colors.

Buy tri color baby potatoes and roast with olive oil, garlic, herbs (oregano & parsley) and salt.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Apr 12 2024, 12:44 pm
amother Pearl wrote:
Make a rub with sugar (brown if possible, otherwise regular granulated sugar), paprika, garlic powder, paprika, salt. Taste and make sure it packs a punch, sweet and salty all at once, like BBQ potato chips.
Heavily coat your roast with the rub. Cook low and slow.
If you want extra liquid, add some ginger ale (or even a bit of water on bottom of the pan).

Make a salad with romaine, red onion, julienned carrots, kirbies, avocado. Bright and colorful. Drizzle with a dressing made from mayo, oil, sugar and salt.

Sauté green and yellow zucchini in half moons with onion and garlic. Just a few minutes. Season super generously with coarse salt to bring out all the flavors. Love the colors.

Buy tri color baby potatoes and roast with olive oil, garlic, herbs (oregano & parsley) and salt.

Thank you! The rub looks really interesting.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics