Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Side by side vs. front to back

Frumom

Post Thu, Jul 26 2007, 9:01 pm
Why is the new thing side by side strollers? To me it looks like the side by sides are too wide for sidewalks and getting in and out of doorways.
Please clue me in, is there are reason the front to backs arent so popular anymore?
I just bought the graco duo rider but want to know if I should've bought a side by side.

Thanks

Helani

Post Thu, Jul 26 2007, 9:11 pm
I like front to back exactly for this reason-they fit. And I also feel more comfortable pushing them.

Mommy3.5

Post Thu, Jul 26 2007, 10:56 pm
because most of the front to backs are so heavy and impossible to turn(wait till you have two kids over 20 lbs in it....oy it hurts just thinking about it.). most side by sides fit through fine.

Rikola

Post Thu, Jul 26 2007, 11:21 pm
I have one of each. My F&B is very, very heavy and my son who will be 2 this week is way too big for either seat (he's 32 pounds). My SBS on the other hand is quite light and both of my stroller-riding kids, almost 2 and 4 months, are equally comfy. As far as doorways I never have a problem. Just have an issue in some stores navigating around the displays, but for the most part I prefer the SBS.

I think an important factor is will one kid bother the other one? If so, a F&B might be for you. Otherwise just get a stroller you like.

(I have a Peg Perego Tender XL and a Combi Twin Savvy)

GAMZu

Post Thu, Jul 26 2007, 11:33 pm
I actually see tandems around much more now! At least here in BP.
I chose a tandem because I didn't want to be like all those mothers with Mountain Buggies taking up all the aisles and not letting anyone through.
A tandem is great! I park it right next to my table when I go for pizza and don't bother anyone.
It is heavier than side by side, but I feel the payoff is worth it.
As mentioned already, there is the issue of kids bothering each other. Toddler can hurt newborn, and a sleeping child will be disturbed.

Ima'la

Post Fri, Jul 27 2007, 9:31 am
My friend had a front/back and she found it quite heavy. But she was also living in a neighborhood with a lot of hills.

chen

Post Fri, Jul 27 2007, 10:30 am
I only had tandems. Side-by-side looks really awkward, IS really awkward if you have a short wingspan and are short, is hard to maneuver (tandem, just tip it up a bit and pivot on the back wheels), blocks narrow sidewalks and store aisles, doesn't fit through many doorways...

The plus of side-by-side is that when you wait to cross the street you don't have this stretch limo sticking out into the crosswalk. I solved that hazard by turning the stroller around so it extended behind me, not before me, as I gingerly edged into the crosswalk, or else I stood beside it rather than behind it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics