Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Should I give everyone the same gift or different?

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Mar 21 2016, 6:07 am
For Pesach, our extended family is getting together at a hotel for the first time ever. The hotel is a long trip from where we live, and since we're a kollel family with many children, some of my siblings got together to chip in for both our traveling expenses and our hotel stay - not cheap! We always buy a small gift for each sibling when we visit them for YT, and now I want to buy something nice for those who are helping with our expenses. A few of my siblings weren't able to help at all due to difficult financial situations. If I buy the same gift for each family including those who didn't help, do you think anyone would be insulted? If I buy a nicer gift for those who paid and something smaller for those who didn't, is that okay? Which is the better choice?

justforfun87

Post Mon, Mar 21 2016, 6:36 am
Buy the same gift for everyone but maybe write a personal note to those that helped to thank them.

yidisheh mama

Post Mon, Mar 21 2016, 6:55 am
justforfun87 wrote:
Buy the same gift for everyone but maybe write a personal note to those that helped to thank them.

I agree

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Mar 21 2016, 9:15 am
Buy everyone the same gift. The other way, would be insulting. Definitely write each sibling a personal note. You sound like you have a wonderful family.

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Mar 21 2016, 12:58 pm
Thanks for all the input. I'm going to give everyone the same gift but write a nice poem for those who helped us.

Quote:
You sound like you have a wonderful family.

Boruch Hashem, I have been very blessed!

greenfire

Post Mon, Mar 21 2016, 2:01 pm
so they're splurging on tickets for you to come ... why do you feel it necessary to buy everyone gifts if you don't have the monies ... how about something everyone could share over yom tov

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Mar 21 2016, 2:55 pm
greenfire wrote:
so they're splurging on tickets for you to come ... why do you feel it necessary to buy everyone gifts if you don't have the monies ... how about something everyone could share over yom tov

Because we see them so infrequently, and we live in a place that's kind of a tourist attraction, we try to give them a small gift from our hometown whenever we see them. Nothing too expensive though.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics